Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

The Foresight knife is a design by the legendary Ken Onion, designer of so many great knives.It features a handle with finger grooves that make it easy to grab and actually fit a variety of sizes. I know that because I asked several people of varying stature to hold the knife. It is an aluminum handle that is cold forged and sturdy. This is a drop point blade and you can purchase the knife with AUS8 in either a partial serrated edge or plain. Make no mistake this is a big knife. It weighs 6.5 ounces and measures over 8.75".

It just feels substantial. The knife has a black titanium nitride finish. Look at the large rounded belly of the knife. Some serious cutting edge there and the grind comes to a sharp pointy tip. Look also at the curve of the top part of the knife, plenty of room for a thumb in a standard grip with a slight assist from that clip.

The action of the knife is driven by CRKT's IKBS and has a smooth quick opening action. If you are in a situation and need fast, one handed deployment of the blade, this knife and opening mechanism will not fail you. The flipper is a manageable size and upon deployment the blade is snapped into position and held in place solidly.

The knife also has a small clip located near the top of the knife that allows you to hold the knife on a belt  or on clothing. It is not movable.

It would be entirely appropriate for this knife to be used by a professional, a service provider who serves the public good in some capacity.  Take a look here at the thickness of the blade at the spine:

Its very rigid and strong and runs along almost the entire top of the knife coming to a taper at the point. The knife available for some time now and won the "Imported Knife Of The Year Award” at this years'  Blade Show.

Finally I just want to say a few words about CRKT. Here at iKnife Collector we come into contact with lots of knife companies, dealers and others involved in the business end of cutlery. Our team here at iKC has had a chance to speak with some of the people at CRKT and they are as committed and friendly a group of people that you will find anywhere. They have genuine interest in what you think about their knives and are willing to not just meet demand but listen and respond to what people want. They are innovators, but along the way they indeed know its you the user/collector they serve.

Appreciate your comments.

Tags: CRKT, Foresight, IKBS, Ken, Onion.Blade, Show, aluminum

Views: 1466

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My name is Stanley May member of IKC for about 2 months.  I have always dealt with traditional folders and never a tactical knife.  I saw the knife in this discussion and I said to myself "man if there was ever a knife that I would purchase of this variety, it would be the Foresight".  By chance I picked one up on ebay and got a really good price.  So now I have it.  WOW, I was not disappointed.  The knife's deployment is as smooth as silk.  It is well made and the knife is a wonderful design. It fits in my hand very well.  I am very happy with it, and I thank Steve Hanner for suggesting it to me.

Thanks Stanley so glad you were able to purchase one. The CRKT process for release is IKBS and is essentially an opening mechanism that just glides on ball bearings. For a first tactical purchase you have a good one!

Stanley May said:

My name is Stanley May member of IKC for about 2 months.  I have always dealt with traditional folders and never a tactical knife.  I saw the knife in this discussion and I said to myself "man if there was ever a knife that I would purchase of this variety, it would be the Foresight".  By chance I picked one up on ebay and got a really good price.  So now I have it.  WOW, I was not disappointed.  The knife's deployment is as smooth as silk.  It is well made and the knife is a wonderful design. It fits in my hand very well.  I am very happy with it, and I thank Steve Hanner for suggesting it to me.

Thank you Isaac. It should at a minimum be on your wish list!

Isaac Austin said:

someday i would like to own a CRKT ! for now foresight is a true beauty.

Steve,

I'm curious -- do you still have the Foresight?  How is it holding up?  Specifically has it developed any blade play?  

I have an Ignitor & that thing had one of the most solid lock-ups I'd ever experienced -- until, seemingly overnight, it just didn't.  This experience has unfortunately colored my impression of CRKT folders (even though I have the Stubby Fold Razel, & that has not developed any play at all).  

I have to dig that knife out and check. Its been a while since it made my rotation. In all honesty when I first got the knife I was simply trying to introduce it . It was not so much of a review as introduction to what was then an exciting new design.  There was no blade play that I remember at the time. And it was somehwhat a large folding knife . Thats a lot on your pocket! It is very well suited to bag carry or I imagine if you had a big coat of some kind you might just find a place for that.

dead_left_knife_guy said:

Steve,

I'm curious -- do you still have the Foresight?  How is it holding up?  Specifically has it developed any blade play?  

I have an Ignitor & that thing had one of the most solid lock-ups I'd ever experienced -- until, seemingly overnight, it just didn't.  This experience has unfortunately colored my impression of CRKT folders (even though I have the Stubby Fold Razel, & that has not developed any play at all).  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service