Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Just when you think you've got enough different knife patterns, out comes the GEC #792312 Montana whittler. I'm particularly drawn to the Canvas Micarta version- that Micarta looks addictive................Any one got one yet, or any comments?????????????????? 

Views: 2613

Replies to This Discussion

I really like this one

I have gotten two so far, and two more coming.  I'm really liking this pattern.

It is a thicker knife with it's three springs and has some weight to it.  I don't mind a chunky knife but some might.  If you like a thinner knife you would want to stick with a bone version since it'll be quite a bit thinner than the stag. 

Kudos to whoever picked out the blade setup.

This is a nice view of the knife doing some light work

http://www.iknifecollector.com/video/gec-workhorse-whittler-burnt-s...

Thanks Scott

Some Root-beer Float acrylic.

Now that is SWEET!!  And it is a factory test run.  Is it like a looking glass Russell, where the depth of the colors can be seen in the material?

Thanks.  I'm not sure I'd say it's like looking glass, but it does have nice depth of color.  The looking glass, to me, has all the color on the bottom with a clear piece above it.  This has the color from the top down, not as clear as looking glass but still has depth.  I like it and hope they do more.

I didn't really like that knife until I read it was a Root-Beer Float, now I think I would take one myself.

Great knife and maybe a favorite acrylic of mine, thanks for sharing. 

Anyone else notice that the N'fields versions of these don't have the mirror polish?  It's more of a satin finish.

BLB,

Now I gotta go look LOL.  

As far as the finish on the blades goes it depends.  I have 4 different 79's and 3 of them have polished blades and 1 (the Ruby Red) has the "brushed" blades.  I one other on order, the Calico Bone, and I'm anxious to see what it's blades look like. 

Russell,

I suppose not all of the 79 N'fields are that way.  Mine is the Ruby Red and it's got the satin finish.  The photo of the primitive bone at the top of this page looks to have the usual mirror polish, but then the calico bone ones I've seen look satin finished.  I'm still debating on getting another, and the calico bone seems the most interesting.  Wish the pull on the main blade was more accessible on the long pull models. 

That rootbeer looks great, by the way.  If you like it you should like the rhubarb acrylic they used on a 53 sometime ago.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service