Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I came across this company while looking for a nine inch white smooth bone stiletto.  Still have found a WSB in nine inches (five inches, closed)  but I'm pretty happy with these.   I later found out the Kriegar, is a trademark own by Bud-K.  I guess some of their stuff isn't hald bad after-all!

Tags: Bud-k, Kriegar., Stilettos

Views: 744

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hmmm, I always wondered if anything at the Bud K was good steel

Interesting. I like the feel and look of a stiletto. I also enjoyed your video review. Have you tried to actually use one to cut anything? If you did besides what do you think they would be best used for?

The stiletto has a long history dating back to the 1500’s. It traces his origins back to the Main Gauche. The main gauche had two purpose. To parry a sword thrust and to deliver a fatal blow or mercy strike. 

The stiletto was an out growth with its stron slender blade used to strike blows between gaps in armor and also became a tool for assassins.  It’s alway pretty much has been a tool designed for thrusting and killing, both proactive and reactive. 

Many early stilettos weren’t even sharpened; just very pointy.  

Both of these are are very sharp out of the boxeasily slicing paper and cardboard. Both also easily punctured cardboard as well as a cantaloupe.  I have no doubt they would pierce skin. 

Of the two, the clip blade with its flat grind  is more practical for other uses. I believe the whole reason some stilettos are made with the clip blade is so they could, in theory, be used for more than just a weapon.   Hope that helps. 

Jan, bud k sales quite a bit of Kissing Crane products and many seem okay. 
Jan Carter said:

I had to look. So, I went on E bay and it looks like they are from 15.49 to 27.00 shipping included. I also peeked in my chest and found 2 older used kissing cranes. Not to mention my Bill DeShivs leverlock. I may need to acquire a new Kriegar and Crane for a side by side comparison. Thanks for the information and review!!

Don't have a Kriegar stiletto but I picked up one of their razor knives...the one that looks like a straight razor.

Actually sharpened up nicely and I've even used it to shape up around my beard.

Would be interested in seeing that!

Don Schriver said:

I had to look. So, I went on E bay and it looks like they are from 15.49 to 27.00 shipping included. I also peeked in my chest and found 2 older used kissing cranes. Not to mention my Bill DeShivs leverlock. I may need to acquire a new Kriegar and Crane for a side by side comparison. Thanks for the information and review!!

Seems the edge retention is pretty good if your using it to cut beard JJ

J.J. Smith III said:

Don't have a Kriegar stiletto but I picked up one of their razor knives...the one that looks like a straight razor.

Actually sharpened up nicely and I've even used it to shape up around my beard.

They also sell United Cutlery. I have bought a couple of things from them in the past, Some United and a couple of Timberwolf knives, mainly legs for Debra and a Trapper from Timberwolf. The Timberwolf and United seem made in the same place with similar stamping so, so I would assume United owns the Timberwolf trademark.

Tobias Gibson said:

Jan, bud k sales quite a bit of Kissing Crane products and many seem okay. 
Jan Carter said:

Jan, you know if I do you will see them!!

Great review Tobias. I think what I appreciated most about it was what was not said but implied....

- inexpensive (cost in $$$) does not always equal cheap (quality)

- not everything made in China is crap/junk/waste of money

- sometimes a little risk can bring big rewards!

- not every knife needs to cost a lot to add value to a collection

- and last but not least....we still have the privilege of owning & receiving such knives through the mail - even if we can't lawfully carry them in public. 

Good stuff Tobias! Thanks for the Knife Chat.

Nice review - thank you for taking time to create and post. 

Enjoy your knives! 

best 

mqqn

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!