Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Just in............

Jigged Buffalo Horn

Worm Groove Moss Brown

Views: 9263

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sure too. When I stayed with Jan & Donnie this spring I got to play with a couple of them, (they are one of Donnie's favorite patterns; he has several). Just the look of it with that big wharmie does it for me, and Rogers Bone ta boot. I prefer to carry my 4" knives in belt sheaths, so I think that is how I will carry this one, (and it WILL be carried and used). Can't wait, been checking the tracking number every hour so far, it's still in TN.....c'mon USPS, get a move on!!

J.J. Smith III said:

You'll surely fall in love with the way it feels in hand, Syd.

The Walnut Bone with Strikeline bolsters is a great classic looking knife (in my opinion). One of my favorite knives in my collection. 

I share your opinion, always a fan of lined bolsters. I did notice that many other versions of the Seahorse had plain bolsters, why they chose to combine that with a Rogers Bone jig was a good choice in my opinion. However, what sold me on that particular model was the Rogers Bone, I figure if you can't get an original with "real" antique Rogers Bone from the early 20th century then get a good modern version. Not many makers recreate Rogers Bone, so other than my fascination with the frame, that jig was what I wanted; whatever the color of the bone. Just so happened to be Walnut, and that's more than acceptable.

Can't wait for that first look.

Here it is, Case #26022 Seahorse Whittler in Walnut Rogers Bone, (my favorite jig), very happy with it so far. First thing I checked was handle gaps, (none), and blade rub, (none; seems perfectly centered). No cracks around the pins, no spring gaps, walk & talk as one would expect from Case, I would judge pull at about a 6. I was impressed with the thickness of the master blade, I measured it at 3/16" at the base, a substantial piece of "Tru-Sharp Surgical Stainless Steel", (whatever that is, a subject of discussion for a different thread). I think I will be careful when opening the coping or pen blade, as I detect that if pushed sideways when opening a rub mark on the master blade could occur, so I will try to pull straight up on those blades when I open them to avoid that. I found a leather sheath that fits it perfectly, so this will immediately go into my EDC rotation. I added a top view to show the massive size of the master blade and centering.

Merry Christmas and happy birthday to me, (bday is Christmas Eve).

Great looking Pony!

Thanks Craig. After spending the day with the knife I am warming up to the Walnut color. It's brown but with a definite red overtone, which in outside light looks awesome, and of course that cool Rogers jig. I also can see why a friend of mine, an expert on Case, said about being somewhat disappointed with the springs on this model. Some of his older ones show definite signs of spring fatigue, so I've actually seen first hand what he perceives as the issue. With a pull I judge to be a 5 or 6, and after opening & closing the knife dozens of times, I can see where heavy daily use might eventually weaken the springs over time. However, that being said, that friend and I both love the frame with it's massive Wharmcliffe master blade. I will carry the knife and use it, but at my age I doubt I'll use it to the point of failure, (like my friend did with a couple of his). Too bad they don't offer other handle colors with Rogers jig, I'd be wanting one of each if they did.

Craig Henry said:

Great looking Pony!

New Pony just in...........

6.5 BoneStag

Thanks Craig, now I MUST HAVE one in Bone Stag too; very pretty knife.

Craig Henry said:

New Pony just in...........

6.5 BoneStag

Thanks Syd!

Syd, I've got to say that I really like that walnut color. I'm partial to the basic color in knife scales.

Craig, your bonestag is great, too.

Bone stag is looking good Craig!

Thanks JJ and Jan!

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by