Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Any other vintage collectors of Parkers, American Blade, Taylor, United Boker, Frost, or STAR brands out there? 

Am far from an expert on these brands, but I do own a few!  I typically have gone "straight to the horses mouth", with many of my questions answered by Buzz Parker.  Have another friend, who I would consider experienced with '80s SEKI produced brands.  Drop me  line, or a question anytime please!  Thanks.

Tim

Tags: pocketknives, seki, vintage

Views: 10682

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Parker-IMAI 1980s - 2-7/8" IMAI Peanut, brown jigged bone, blade etch "Eagle Brand Cutlery", tang stamped 'Parker-IMAI', nickel silver bolsters/brass liners/pins.

Love the jigging on this one!  One thing about these Seki Parkers, the blades have such a clean and classic line!

thanks jan

Parker-Fukuta 1980s - 3-1/4" Slim Razor Barlow, Appaloosa Smooth Bone, One Arm Razor & Half Hawkbill blades, blade etched "Handmade for Jim Parker by Tak Fukuta", nickel silver bolster/brass liners/pins.

Frost Cutlery 1980S - 3-3/4" Single Blade Lockback, Stag Scales, blade etched in banner "The Duece", front tang stamped 'Frost Eagle', rear tang stamped 'Frost Cutlery Surgical Steel Japan', nickel silver bolsters/brass liners/pins, with lanyard hole.

Taylor Cutlery Japan Elk Horn Stag Peanut

revisiting this discussion today.  WOW!  There is a lot to learn in here

!!! .. Thank you for posting this information .. !!!

Ken Hashimoto said:

Hello to everyone. I am a Japanese knife collector ..........

Ken, I see you sold your Kershaw dagger. Pity I missed the auction ;)

I only collect Seki blades, mostly Al Mar anymore (although I have a few vintage Spyderco & an old SOG). 

I'll try to post some photos soon. 

I've got a lovely little fixed blade from Seki. It's a Blackjack Spectre mis-tagged as an Archangel. Apparently from a limited run of 300?

If I remember correctly, there was a dispute between Blackjack and Al Mar over the name or the design. The Blackjack model was then renamed I believe.

Here is some more info....

The knife was engineered by the company and knife maker Howard Hitchmough. According to information I have in a letter forwarded to me from a fellow collector from Mike Stewart there was a batch made with a 5.5" Spear point blade which turned out to be an Al mar design. I had heard that the reason the Spector's which were very similar to the Archangel were made in such low numbers was because of an issue of some sort with Al mar and I had been trying to contact someone at Al mar to confirm or deny that with no luck when this letter was sent to me. Mike states that a sample of the blade was sent to him by the folks in Japan that were making the early knives. The maker stated that knives could be ordered immediately utilizing these blades. An order for 300 was placed. Apparently a few days before the SHOT show Mr. Stewart received a cease and desist letter from the folks at Al mar. Mike of course told the Japanese rep. to fix the problem. Mike states this was the beginning of the end with their Japanese supplier.   The standard version was the Archangel I. These have textured Kraton handles. There were supposed to have been 100 serial numbered presentation grade  knives done in Sambar Stag. The Cocobolo examples were supposed to be the deluxe grade and were supposed to have been offered after the stag models were completed there were 100 of these as well. There were 1200 of the standard Kraton handled Archangel. 

-Info courtesy of Tom Carey- 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service