Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Do you have a knife that is worth more than what it could be bought for?

Is there a knife you own that was given to you by a parent, grandparent or holds sentimental value? Will you share a little about the story and the knife with us?

Tags: gift, sentimental, value

Views: 1043

Replies to This Discussion

My grandfather Richard "Dick" Ray 1899-1979 was a leather smith he made saddles, boots, shoe repair, belts, sheaths ...etc.

He carried and used 3 knives A Schrade(Uncle Henry) folding hunter with the stag handle/belt sheath this was his

Sunday got to meeting knife , his work knife was a Case  6265 SAB jigged wood handles Case XX USA, and

a old and abused colonial provd. fishing knife which faithfully was stored in his tackle box.

He had a special way of keeping his knife sharp, he used a leather belt sander which always left the blade...well less than desirable for the collector lets say. Not much left of the blade...but sharp! He was a Case dealer and go figure handled

Schrade as well.When he wore one down he just picked another from the display case. This is where I got the collector

bug from as every year he gave me a new Case knife. I display the Case folder but once in a while use it as a carry

knife ... he would have had it no other way!

Terry,

Those are my favorite stories about how the collecting bug found us.  Someone we loved and admired shared their bug with us :)

My dad's old timer that I found reciently. That little thing has been through heck and back. He lost it, I found it. Tiny little guy, rusted, beaten, used real hard.
He wanted it back so I bought him a case copper-lock in exchange to keep it.
He would have let me have it, but as much as I love Case, I would have gladly given him 4 more, just to keep HIS little beat up old timer. Love that old man, and love that knife.

A 1980 Schrade 510t from my father-n-law, about a year before he passed away. The only other Schrade I own is the Lionel train commemorative knife my recently departed Bro-n-law gave me. Neither one will ever be parted with.

I have a couple knifes that are very nice and worth a nice piece of cash. Then I have a couple that you could not trade for a cup of coffee, they were a gift from partners, I will let the money knifes go long before those gave to me by friends. Guess I am getting old a friendship and a gift from the heart is just so cool, you could never put a price on them.

I agree Don!

Great reasons to keep a hold of knives.  Don hit it on the head...a gift from the heart :)

I have no idea if it has any real monetary value but this little shoe knife that my grandmother got at the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis is worth an awful lot to me.  I hope to pass it down to my little grandson some day.  If so he will be the fifth generation of the Sample family to own it.

I own an Argyle Cutlery pearl handled pen, a couple of Colonials, Hammer brand, and some Imperials owned by my mom and dad who are both 90. I also have a homemade broom corn knife made my my uncle either pre WWII or shortly thereafter the war,as he passed shortly  after. Collectively, they might buy me a couple of Starbucks in value., but you will have to pry one from my cold,dead hands, to get one of them. LOL . Some memories are worth far more than $$..

Memories can't be bought, they have to be lived. I agree with you, John.

Billy Oneale said:

Memories can't be bought, they have to be lived. I agree with you, John.
Amen to that .Billy !!

Charles Sample said:

I have no idea if it has any real monetary value but this little shoe knife that my grandmother got at the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis is worth an awful lot to me.  I hope to pass it down to my little grandson some day.  If so he will be the fifth generation of the Sample family to own it.

Charles, I have seen a lot of "leg knives" but never a "shoe knife", It.  is probably worth some $$, but family history is worth a lot more !! I concur, pas it on down the family line !!  I hope you don't mind if I try to do a little research on it( this kiife fascinates me)  I'll be sure to let you know if I find anything useful-

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service