Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Fans, collectors, and/or anyone interested in Ernest Emerson's Legendary Hard Use Knives..."To Some They Are Accessories... To Others They Are Necessities."

WIKIPEDIA'S ARTICLE ON ERNEST EMERSON.

Edit

Ernest R. Emerson (born March 7, 1955) is an American custom knifemaker, martial artist, and edged-weapons expert. Originally an engineer and machinist in the aerospace industry, Emerson became a knifemaker known for making decorative knives but later became better known for his combat knives, eventually founding a production company to mass-produce his designs, and popularizing a style of knife known as the Tactical-folder. 

Emerson's knives have been displayed as museum pieces, designed for use by Navy SEALs, and used by NASA in outer space. They have also been featured in films and novels, furthering their popularity with collectors. 

Emerson is an accomplished martial artist who has developed a combatives system, Emerson Combat Systems, which has been taught to police officers, elite military units, and civilians...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Emerson 

Tags: EMERSON, Forum, KNIVES, iKC

Views: 7349

Replies to This Discussion

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on February 4, 2012 

Excellent choice.  You will be not disappointed the CQC 15 incorporates the best of the best from Emerson.  

Comment by Manville D. Smith X on February 3, 2012

CQC 15 SF In the mail! Couldn’t find a satin CQC 8 to save my life.

I can’t wait for my first Emerson!

Comment by Manville D. Smith X on February 2, 2012 

Hey guys Im asking for my first emerson on my 14th birthday. Im torn between the CQC8 SF (my long time favorite) or the CQC 15. The roadhouse and Journeyman are a little out of the price range. Im looking in the $185 dollar mark. Is there anything I missed and will the CQC8 ever be in stock?

Comment by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on April 9, 2011

I hear Ernest Emerson /Emerson Knives Inc. will be at the:
http://www.nraam.org/schedule/schedule_main.html

2011 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits
Pittsburg Pennsylvania

David L. Lawrence Convention Center
April 29-May-01-2011

I'm envious towards anyone who lives in the area or plans to attend. You lucky b@stards...lol! .

Comment by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on March 31, 2011

If you guys weren't aware of this site check it out...
http://www.ebosshoss.com/emerson

Vintange, custom, and/or some Emerson Knives you never seen before. CAUTION: some cost as much as a used car...lol!

Comment by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on March 30, 2011

Watched that movie, listed below, "Night of the Running Man" on Netflix last night just to see Ernie's custom CQC-6...lol!

The movie was standard 1995 fair...I gave it 3-out-of-5 stars. There were a lot of things done wrong by the lead character (Andrew McCarthy) and the Hitman (Scott Glenn)..I was yelling at the screen several times...lol!

But, it held my attention and I watch the whole flick. The CQC-6 and Scott Glenn stole the show!

Comment by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on March 28, 2011 

Ernest Emerson
Interview by Mike Searson

How long have you been a knife-maker?
I made my first knife in 1979 so officially for 29 years.

Right, the Balisong knife, I remember the story from writing the Wikipedia entry…how long have you been a full-time custom maker?
The catalyst was cutting my thumb off! I was operated on and recovering, and I’m not one to sit around watching television, well. A movie producer called me and said Scott Glenn was interested in using one of my knives for a new movie called: Night of the Running Man. I told him he just cut my thumb off, but he wanted a Full Dress CQC6. So I got some white, thermo- plastic which was about 3/16" thick and made like a gauntlet running the whole length of my arm…to make a platform to hold the knife. While I was recuperating I thought, I could do this full time. So whenever that movie came out (1994) would be the time frame...

What’s your favorite shop music?
That’s what I love about grinding… I usually listen to the Rolling Stones, Little Feat, or anything Southern Rock.

Do you have a favorite sports car?
My ‘67 Camaro.

How about Movies?
There’s so many: Last of the Mohicans, Gladiator, Snatch, 300, I know you and I were just talking about these at Solvang!

Full Article...http://usngathering.com/info/interviews/emerson_interview.htm

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on March 25, 2011 

Hey J.T. I like those Commandments sometimes it is hard to follow exactly all of them but I'm trying to do my best.

Comment by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on March 25, 2011

Emerson Warrior Commandments:

1. Protect the innocent
2. Defend the weak
3. Standup to tyranny and unjust behavior
4. Take responsibility for your actions and accept the consequences
5. Honor friendship with loyalty
6. Stand tall in the face of adversity
7. Ask more of yourself than others
8. Never do anything without a purpose
9. Never do anything that is useless
10. Be honest in your intentions and actions with everyone you meet

Comment by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on March 13, 2011

Hey Guys...

Anyone got an Emerson Knives "Challenge Coin" in good condition?

I'll trade you for a brand new "Comtech Stinger II!"...those that don't know I'm an Official Dealer for Alpha Innovations Self Defense.

That's why you see a lot of their stuff in my videos.  Let me know...JT

Comment by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on March 2, 2011

Ernest Emerson is a contibuting writer to "Guns and Patriots."  

Surviving the Deadly Attack

Comment by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on February 18, 2011

Posted my latest youtube video "EMERSOM KNIVES-Commanders..." here and in the media section.  Check-out my new Super Commander, Kershaw/Emerson Auto-Commander, and (2) vintage Commanders-2000 and highly desired 1998 version!

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service