Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I have missed going to this show, always seem to be working.  I seriously doubt I will ever miss it again.  At 200 tables of heaven.  From old to new and collections you will never see elsewhere, this was a dream day.

The drive over was uneventful and we talked a lot about being happy to finally make it the 35 miles to the Gator Cutlery Club show.  Thank you Aaron Brown for meeting us there, it was good to see you outside of the office.

Imagine my surprise when we walked up and there stood Lisa Sebenik from NKCA.  I had no idea they would be here.  Had a good chat and headed inside to see what the day would bring.  I went to a table with some outstanding work on it and discovered a maker I had never heard of, Zollan McCarty.  There was a gentleman at the show with three tables of display only (not for sale) McCarty's.  The work that maker did would take your breath away.  I put up a few pics of some of it but trust me when I tell you they do it no justice.

From there it was a whirl wind trip to the other corner to see some local friends that are set up.

Stopped to see some alligator sheaths that are made here in FL by a man that truly loves what he does.  He is making a custom sheath for another friend and I will get some pics when it is done for us

An outstanding job of bringing in vendors that sell knife making materials.  Alabama Damascus was there and 4 or 5 tables with lots of bones and tusks to be had.  We did enjoy the day very much and tomorrow I am set up to be able to update us live from the show.  Going from booth to booth and showing you what this show has to offer.  Unique to this show is the ruling from the club that any vendors table must be 85% knives or materials.  So 200 tables equals a lot of knives.

Views: 412

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks so much for the update Jan. I know you have some pictures loaded with more to come! if you want to see some early pictures of the show, check the Media Tab at the top of the page and pic photos and you will see them all.

All I can say is wow. wish I could be down there.

I wish I were able to walk around at a knife show! I'll have to enjoy it vicariously.

I wish you could all be here.  Craig, I think I spied a display just right for you, going to look at that side of the room first this morning.  I believe I also saw a Schrade display.  Will try to get those pics early also. We did not see any Tuna's yesterday but certainly some grand ol' Queens. A good many older, good shape Keen Cutters.  Even picked up a piece of Keen  memorabilia. 

I wont be in chat much because I will be walking around but if you need me, send me a PM.  I will see it pop up

Craig you are right, it is a lot of walking around.  We saw a number of young folks wearing out, but I was encouraged that we did see some some younger folks there. AND, they were buying knives!

Watch for todays updates and tell me if there is anything in particular you want to know more about, I will see if I can get the details

Thanks Jan for the in fo and Pics---Great Job

You got pics?  Where?

Here you go Scott and anyone else interested in the picturesan d not sure where they are, here is the link to pictures: http://www.iknifecollector.com/photo

Scott Rauber said:

You got pics?  Where?

It is such a beautiful day here and knives too,what could be better than that?  Some outstanding folks and unusual knives to be seen here today.  Some of them I have placed the dealers card in a pic in case someone wants more info on the pieces.

This show brings some old and wonderful pieces out. I love the Catts with the compases.  Good amount of boy and girl scout knives.  The scribe is a personal piece not for sale 

, Thanks to Mike Dean for sharing

Great photos Jan and keep them coming.!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by