Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

We are all Case Fans for a reason, now is your opportunity to tell why? Do you have a favorite knife? If so, what is it and why?

Tags: case, fan, favorite, knife, r, w

Views: 5751

Replies to This Discussion

Sweet knives... That's a nice piece of spalted wood they're laying on, too. Make some nice knife handles with that...
Nice Trappers, there Gary! Loooovvvvveeee those handles.
Jim, those are truly some special ones you have there. Love the Dinosaur Gem handles.
Thanks, Max, and you too, Scott. It really makes a guy feel good when his peers make nice with him. Especially about one of his favorite things. Bob Picklesimer did the Black Pearl. He has done some things for me that Case could NOT do. He just repaired a bad spring that was in my grandfather's old Case. He took the knife to his shop and disassembled it, took it to a welder, and had metal built up. He then took it home and ground it down and put it back together. It's just like new! Except the Stag is all pocket worn and really smoothed down. You know what stag looks like when it's been in a pocket for years...
The Crandall is THE Prototype for the Crandall run. It was made by Case's model maker, Paul Lipps, with his signature on the inside of the brass liner. It was pulled out of the vault and the bolsters were engraved and my name was engraved on the blade and it was presented to me. I was, and am, so honored to have this particular knife. The COA says that I am an "Ambassador" for Case. Well, I guess I am, in a way. I talk about them wherever I go. Maybe I could get a new Ford. Nah! Just Case takes care of their fans. And I love 'em for it.
Thanks, guys... I really appreciate your comments.
Some of my favorite stockmans
Attachments:
Lovely! By the way, LC, Paul from New Zealand called me this afternoon and asked about you and Catie. Thought you'd like to know that. My love to Catie... and you too!
UJ
Gotta share these. Fred will remember.

What I have here are to special-made knives that were presented by Tom Arrowsmith to me for being their auctioneer for the Case Collector Appreciate Weekend in 2008 and two years earlier for the last Zippo/Case Swap Meet.

These rank right up with my Case Brothers and W R Case and SON toenails.

Since we are Case fans here, I thought it be OK to show them off :)

David
I have liked the Russ Locks since they came out. Nice handles too.
Holy toes, Batman! How great is that? Tom seems to have a great way of taking care of the people he really likes. He's a super guy! Why don't you get hoim on here? I'm sure he doesn't have time, but tell him that Uncle Jim wants him too. No, wait! Don't do that, he'll run the other way!
SUPER great Toes!
LTA, UJ
Heck there, Uncle Jim. I BARELY got Fred F here :) I only have so much pull and not that much. Shoot him an email. Fred can help him set up his My Page. As a matter of a fact, Lisa, John, Ed, Katie and the whole gang needs to be here :)

Thanks for the kind words about the toes. They mean a lot to me, especially considering the big knife company history buff I am and that Case is the oldest knife company in existence ...you know what I mean? I just hope they'll ask me again in 2010....
I hope I get to see you there in July. Ain't Donna is making noises like she's wanting to make the trip again. So, I suppose we'll be going. Hope to see you there.
I got me Christmas Tree jigged Seahorsie in the mail, last week. I really need to take some pictures of it.
Last week was a busy, busy knife week. Tslil Censor, a dear friend and fellow knifemaker from Israel, brought his family to The Tornado Capitol of the World. My house. We had a wonderful time and his mom and dad and wife and two teens are just so special to us. Ain't Donna's making noises in Hebrew about going to Israel next year, too.
You can see some Photobucket Pics at the URL below.
Take care, my friend... UJ

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/Unclejim/A%20visit%20from%20my...
Great pics. Enjoyed looking through them.....but I don't think I saw one of you.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service