Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I like USA made Schrades & Schrade-Walden knives...obviously. Old Timers, Uncle Henry's and the models that pre-dated those lines. Saw-cut Delrin, Stagalon, Butter-n-Molasses, etc. handles. They're all great in my book. 

I am proceeding slowly with adding to my collection, in the beginning I was going like gang busters. But, the pickings are getting slim at least for good/great condition knives.

Although I am not buying much now, I never tire of seeing them or looking for them. So if you have some or have come into some, let me see them.

Eventually I will try to get all I currently have into 1(or 3) photos for this discussion. For now these will have to do.

Tags: Delrin, Henry, Old, Schrade, Schrade-Walden, Stagalon, Timer, USA, Uncle

Views: 5910

Replies to This Discussion

Nice looking Schrade Ricky

that is very nice and still in great condition!

Thanks guys. I needed to clean the blades  before I took that picture. It is the smallest stockman I own, but looks like it was  not  used much.

881 Stockman find on Ebay

That is very nice. Good find.

I am very fortunate to have captured a Schrade knife that I have been chasing for quite some time. I have worked the owner of this knife for 2 years and I finally convinced them to let me have it!

I took this knife to my Uncle who confirmed for me that this is one of six knives that he put together as samples for Schrade.  He worked in the Custom Knife Shop at Schrade and he personally built six of the samples that were to be given to Schrade Executives. These were assembled just prior to the factory closing down. Schrade also ordered approx. 50 blades that were to be assembled for their top distributors.  This knife was never built to be sold.  The 50 blades that came into inventory were purchased by either SMKW or Blue Ridge Knives.  Some of the handles were sold and a gentleman from Texas has one listed on eBay for $1600.

The knife I have gotten was an original sample and was handled with Exterior Rams Horn, not the Stag that is listed on eBay. I do not know where the remaining 5 knives are, but I wish I could find them too.......

These pictures, of the 100th Ann. Bowie, do not do the knife justice....the knife is absolutely gorgeous and I am extremely proud to have it in my collection.

tom

Attachments:

That is a beautiful knife Tom!

Nice Tom !

Super looking Bowie Tom

Very nice Tom. A exquisite edition to this thread. Thank you for posting it.

Kind of a "Grail" knife for you? Congratulations.

Thank you Steve, Ricky, Ken and Brad!  Yes Brad, it is like a "Grail" knife and I am very fortunate to have it in my collection!

My 2 Latest:

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service