Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

These little jems just keep showing up, so I'd like to share.

Views: 2316

Replies to This Discussion

Mystery Roadkill - 5ft Carp
June 2, 2010
Dayton Daily News

SPRINGBORO, Ohio - Springboro road crews responded to an unusual reported roadkill this morning, June 2: a nearly 5-foot fish found by the side of the road.

The call came in around 7:20 a.m. from a man out for his morning walk, according to Springboro emergency dispatchers. He found the creature by the side of a roundabout at the intersection of Remick Boulevard and Settler's Walk Road.

"That's probably the biggest carp I've ever seen," said Springboro Police Officer Dale Richter, speculating some local angler has a fish story his friends and family will never believe – one that got away on the road.

"I would just assume someone was late night fishing last night and it probably fell off the back of his truck," Richter said. "There's going to be a very unhappy fisherman, somewhere."

Either that or he decided his wife was gonna kill him if he brought that thing home.
Sometimes the best stuff falls off the back of the truck.....
My wife would just make a stew, (like catfish), out of it.

Jan Carter said:
Either that or he decided his wife was gonna kill him if he brought that thing home.
that might a been one of those there walking fish i herd bout.......

JJ,

She has a spirit.  I catch 'em, Donnie cleans 'em and we fry them up.  Never could get him to eat a fish stew, only shellfish in a stew for him.

Hmmm.  Boss lady gave me a choice between fish and wings, for supper...

Fish wins!!!

LOL,

Good choice JJ enjoy it

Shellfish? 

Does that include turtle?

Jan Carter said:

JJ,

She has a spirit.  I catch 'em, Donnie cleans 'em and we fry them up.  Never could get him to eat a fish stew, only shellfish in a stew for him.

I was reading this all to Donnie and he said to give you the best recipe for carp.  Filet it, season it, put it on a cedar plank and bake it in the oven.  Put it on the table and serve the board on a bed of greens.  YEP he would eat turtle stew
you know the best way to get the shell off the turtle is to stick a water hose in its mouth and turn it on full blast the shell will pop off and you can use the shell for the bowl to put your turtle stew in....

LOL,

Now that is create cooking Stephen!!

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by