Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I just joined today. I recently took ownership of my father's entire collection of knives. I need to help him sell them. He's 81 now and needs to cash-in in some of his collectibles. The knives were easiest as they are small & esay to ship.

I'm looking for some guidance/help. I know I can check their value on eBay, but some of these knives are definitely collectible & valuable.

So far, these are the brands I've come across:

Benchmark
Tree Brand
Schatt & Morgan
Camillus
Russell
Randall
Cripple Creek
Russell Barlow
Case - lots and lots of Case
Schrade D'Holder
Boker
David Yellowhorse, one of these & it is a beautiful. In a wooden case.

None of these knives have ever been used for anything. They have been stored in boxes- since 1998. Most have original boxes, some have paperwork, a lot of original receipts, too.

I appreciate any input.

Thank you,
Derek B. Cooper

Views: 1041

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Derek,

How many are there?

I'm guessing over 100. There's probably 25-35 Case brand alone. All in boxes. Probably another 20 Schatt & Morgan. 3 Schrade D'Holder, about 8 Randall & a lot more.

With that many unless your going to ebay them, try selling to a dealer that buys the whole collection.  Except the Randalls, ebay them...you'll get more

Tha was one of my thoughts. The Randall, Russell, Schrade & David Yellowhorse knives I now have are selling in the $100 to $600+ range. This collection must be worth a couple thousand. There's a few I'm definitely going to keep...
I jus looked up some of the Randals. Holy smokes those are pricey!

I'll do my best Steve Hanner impression here...*grin*

"How about some pictures of your collection? We love pictures here, and would go a long way in estimating the worth of what you have!" 

Steve's right! Love to see some pics of what you have! Especially the Randalls!

Derek,

I buy knife collections...email me and we'll talk...Thanks..Steve Koontz

Since I'm new to this forum, I need to figure out how up upload photos, what section to post in...etc I've got the day off tomorrow.

Thanks very much

Derek,

If you look in the box that you type in, the icon second from the left loads photos.

On your own page just look under your pic, hit photos and then ADD

One of the beautiful Marbles
Attachments:
Another Marbles
Attachments:
Schrade D'Holder
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS