Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Knife companies want to know your preference. You provide a vote when you buy their blades. So what is it? When you buy what are you buying?

• Serrated
  • Plain
  • Combo

Tags: buying, combo, plain, prefernces, serrated, tactical

Views: 320

Replies to This Discussion

I prefer a plain blade over a serrated, but must say I enjoy my Benchmade partial serrated knife. Of course I have not had to sharpen it yet! To say the truth I probably dont know how?!
Define serrated ...

This is kitchen cutlery ... ya outta see my yard knife !!
Plain
Plain blades by a big margin because my knives don't go in my pocket or pack unless they're shaving sharp. I love gnarling away with a zombie-killer serrated blade, but I can't think of a single thing they cut better than a sharp plain blade, except maybe harvesting asparagus.
The great majority of my knives have a plain edged blade. However good serrations are preferable for dealing with fibrous materials. One of my daily carry knives has a serrated blade; this is the no longer offered Cold Steel Land Sea Rescue. This knife is carried specifically as a rescue knife i.e. to use on seat belts, to cut clothing etc.

I find it helpful to keep a small AG Russell V sharpener on my kitchen counter. This is not primarily for kitchen knives but for any of the several knives I regularly carry. Having it available and visible, the sharpner doen't permit me to overlook the need for sharpenening when needed.

I prefer the clean lines of a plain edge blade. It enters cleaner and doesn't remove any subject material upon exiting.

I am with you Brad, I prefer a plain edge

i like both that way you have a choice if you ever have to cut yourself out of a seatbelt i think you will want a combo edge two.imho.....

If your knife is properly maintained you still wouldn't need serrations to cut yourself out of a seat belt.

stephen tungate said:

i like both that way you have a choice if you ever have to cut yourself out of a seatbelt i think you will want a combo edge two.imho.....

A sharp knife needs no serrations.  I dont own a serrated knife and have no use for one. The only serrated knife I owned I gave away.

I prefer the plain edge unless I want to cut tree limbs. The serrations are handy for sawing small tree limbs, other than that, I have not found much use for them.

I prefer a superior steel in plain. Serrated is usable if it is a cheaper steel and less capable of holding an edge.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service