Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Anyone got anything special planned by way of knife purchases in the coming year. As it is only my second year of being a knife collector rather than a person who just has a few , one or two , knives about him.  I was thinking of planning this years knives ,I don't really believe this will make it past March ! I have a Bill Ruple Trapper on the way, and a lovely looking thing it is too. Anyway having become a steel snob as well as a knife collector I am thinking that I should try a Falkniven , I suppose I should go for the slipjoint as locking knives are bad news here in the UK. They aren't illegal but you are supposed to be able to prove that you have a valid use for one if the police should catch you carrying one . An Enzo slipjoint may join it cos they do them with a Scandi grind and I don't have one. In one week Queen are telling us what they are planning for 2015 . Well I would like a large Stockman or Cattle King in ATS34 with a nice set of Rams Horn handle scales ,  thanks very much Mr Daniels .  As I said I doubt that this list will survive in it's current state for too long , but it's a start. Anything that I should look out for ? Have you got anything interesting planned ?

Views: 701

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am with you on the EnZo knives , haven't got one yet but they do look good . If you like the look of Scandinavian knives , have you seen this Blog sure are some beauties here ;

https://nordiskaknivar.wordpress.com/

dead_left_knife_guy said:

I'm with you Jay, I really have to start selling some of my knives -- & 2015 will be the year for that!

But I'm really hoping to expand my bushcraft-type collection.  I really want to make my first Enzo purchase -- some gorgeous little knives there.  TOPS HOG 4.5 will fall under this category too.  Hoping to pick up my first Wetterlings of some variety this year (& to actually put it to some use -- though going that far I might consider a Gransfors).  Maybe a Helle too -- & then there's that Condor Village Parang.  The Spyderco Serrata.  An LT Wright, (&/)or maybe another Battle Horse.  And a Bahco Laplander 9" saw...

The more I think about this, the more expensive 2015 is starting to look...  :( 

And :)

!

I plan to expand my W.R. Case & Son Collection.  I want to grab knives that are somewhat unique to Case or that Case is known for -- Russ-Lock, Sodbuster, Seahorse Whittler, etc.

I looking at some 5 in toothpicks by Queen.

More old military Issue knives, especially a decent Army Air Corps Folding Machete,  A USN M1 knife, And an Army Air Corp M1 Knife.

I also need to pick up a few more traditional patterns that I'm currently lacking such as muskrats, congress,

I'm always looking for marlin spikes and scout/camp knives.

The Dalton show is this Friday and Saturday.  Already have one of the TC Collectable swayback wharnies spoken for.  no idea what I'll come with,  we'll have to wait and see.

I've been working on a collection of Schrades re-handled in white bone by Herman Williams that has kept me from buying much else. I like to find a SB-1 Green Schrade Barnett this year and something completly different for me. A GEC Northwoods Ben Hogan lockback in Spring Green jig bone. I have to admit that the Beer Scout really appeals to me too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service