Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Randall Made Knives — — Hosted by Andy Voelkle "AxeMan" — Randall User Since 1965

Knives hand forged on the anvils of Randall Made Knives in Orlando Florida have been world famous since WW2. They are very strong fixed blade knives proven in combat and around campfires worldwide. If you are interested, pro or con, join us!

Tags: Forum, Knife, Randall

Views: 2631

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by Stephen Robinson on August 15, 2012

I agree: the anticipation became enjoyable all by itself. I used to get out the order confirmation and catalogue and imagine what my knife would look like, and feel like in my hand, especially in the last six months or so. The waiting is an important part of the purchase, in my opinion. Stephen

Reply by kimmo lilja on August 18, 2012..

Here is one I got a week ago:-) Randall game master. Hope you like. It's built like a tank.6 mm thick steel.:-)

Reply by ken benson on August 19, 2012

Very nice collection. I like the micarta handles too. I ordered mine in maroon.

Reply by Tom Peterson on August 19, 2012 

Kimmo,

That's an awesome knife sir! I like the maroon micarta handles and the crow's beak butt cap. I have wanted to get a bushmaster in stag with a crow's beak butt cap but still saving money for it (big surprise). I have three others in various states of production now. Two are Capt. Chris Stanaback's specials - one with leather spacer handles and one in antique ivory micarta and have one of the 75th anniversary miniature Model 27's on order too. Now all I have to do is to save money for them before they are ready! The anticipation of a Randall coming is great but only if you have the cash to pay it off when it's day comes.

Reply by ken benson on August 19, 2012

"Now all I have to do is to save money for them before they are ready! The anticipation of a Randall coming is great but only if you have the cash to pay it off when it's day comes."

Tom you got that right. I had several methods for demonstrating how to save up.When I had 58 months we joked about how a just a  few less cigarettes per month for the old lady would be enough.  At 48 months she only needed to car pool to the store twice a month. We have yet to see  cooperation on her part. Now at 12 months,  if she would only search the cushions or the furniture when she vistits the  homes of the sick and elderly we should have enough. So far she has done nothing to support me in this hobby. Yes, she calls me the old man, but  sometimes I think she  means it .

couple of randalls I have in one of my knife tables. :-)

Posted by kimmo lilja on June 15, 2011

Reply by Andy Voelkle "AxeMan" on June 16, 2011

Is this a "coffee table" ? It's a very neat way to display your knives. I might try something similar if you don't mind. Was planning an 18"x48" table based on "metro rack" components, but this would be a really, really cool table.

Reply by kimmo lilja on June 16, 2011

Hi Andy and thank's.

Yes, it's a kind of coffetable. I customized a bit and put some spotlights inside the table to light up the knives in evenings. It was easy to do but the knives show up nicely :-)

Reply by Frank Stennett on June 24, 2011

I only have two Randalls, the 25 stag and the 8 bird and trout in burl. I sure do like mine and yours.

Reply by Howard Maines on February 5, 2012

I thought I was the only one with knife tables. Glad I have great company!!!!

Reply by Tom Peterson on February 14, 2012

Kimmo that is awesome! I only have two RMK's too - a #5-6" Camp & Trail and a #25 -5" which I see you have in your table also. Great way to display the knives! I hope to pick up a couple more this year.  Thanks for posting the picture.

Tom

Reply by Glenn "Oz" Osborne on February 29, 2012

Nice!! The table top idea is great

Reply by Henry Ramos on April 19, 2012

Does Randall knives sell just blades? like in the group picture? because my boss at work was interested in a drop point knife made by myself, and i usually get Scandinavians, plus id like one for myself.

Reply by kimmo lilja on April 19, 2012 

Randall dont sell any blade blank's. I wish them did but answer is no

Reply by Henry Ramos on April 20, 2012 

Thats a bummer, those are some really nice knives, just dont have the $$$$

IT'S ABOUT TIME...

Posted by KENT GABLE on June 12, 2011

After wanting a "Randall" for 'bout 30 years & mooning over a Model 8-4 Bird & Trout Knife in their catalog since '03, I finally bought a Model 5 Small Camp Knife which is almost identical 'cept for a 5" blade & the sheath has a  stone compartment. Same stag handle, just a little beefier than the Model 8-4 which I like.

My only question is "why did I wait sooo long"? Well, money of course is the obvious consideration but Randall's products are well worth it. What a truely fine example of American craftsmanship and I got a decent price to boot.

I couldn't be happier with my finally deciding to go ahead and get it.                          -Kent

Reply by Tom Peterson on June 13, 2011

Kent,

I too have waited awhile before I finally jumped on the Randall train. Now I can't wait to get my next one (or more) RMK's. I have had my two Randall's a #5-6" and a #25-5" two months now and I'm just getting past the stage where I had to pick them up a few times a day and marvel at them. Fit, finish and craftsmanship are first class! Glad that you finally decided to get your knife. You will have to give us a field test report and let us all know how you like using your #5.

Reply by Robert Burris on August 23, 2011

Don,  wish you could post us a picture. Enjoy those Randalls.

Reply by Tom Peterson on August 26, 2011 

Don, I am with Robert. Would like to enjoy some pictures of your new toys from RMK. I have been wanting at Model 27 for awhile myself, it is on my short list of knives to get asap with a dozen or so others in line behind it. I decided to opt for the more practical (if there is such a thing) Randalls first and then start on the bigger models afterwards. Doesn't it feel good to finally have one or two Randall's after wanting one for so long? But now that you have been bitten by the RMK bug it is tough to say "when". They are addictive! Just writing about them makes me want to put an order in for that #27! Enjoy your #27 & #12 and good luck finding your Danish special!

Reply by Shlomo ben Maved on September 9, 2011

The Denmark Special, non-catalogue listed,  is just a Model Nbr 6--Steak knife (4½" blade) with a brass half hilt added.

Well, I believe that the

Model #5 "4" Small Camp and Trail Knife"
4" blade of 3/16" stock. 
4 3/8-5/8" stag handle, brass hilt and the 

Model 7 - "Fisherman - Hunter"
4 1/2" and 5" blades of 3/16" stock. 
4 1/4"-5/8" leather handle. brass hilt. Duralumin butt cap. Similar to Model 3 except this knife is smaller and lighter and the

Model #21 - "Little Game"
3 1/4" blade, of 3/4" wide,  3/16" stock. 
4"-4 1/4" stag handle, brass hilt and the 

Model #26 "Pathfinder"
4" drop point blade of 3/16" stock. 
Approx. 4 3/8 stag handle, brass hilt and the 

Model #28 - "Woodsman”

4 1/2" blade of 3/16" stainless steel stock. Drop point hunter blade. Full tang handle construction. 4 1/4" handle length. Single brass hilt. Micarta Border patrol shape handle are all just as good if not better then the

Model #8 "Trout and Bird Knife"

4" blade of 3/16" stock (Top cutting edge sharpened approximately 2 inches), 4 3/8"-5/8" stag handle, brass hilt—I’ve never seen a need for the top [false] edge to be sharpened on a hunting knife, combat/fighting knife certainly, just not a hunting knife…Although on a small 2½” caping knife a friend had with it configured that way actually worked quite well for detailing around the ears and nostrils or caribou and moose.

The Model #5, I prefer due to the upswept blade shape makes skinning and especially filletting easier as does the Model #7 but, still my two favourites are the Model #26 and the Model #28 for all around, everyday carry, small knives.

The Model 6 – “Steak Knife”
4 1/2" blade. 
3/16" stainless steel stock. 
4 1/2" - 4 5/8" stag handle fitted with nickel silver reduced hilt was pointed out because their steak knives are better hunters then lots of other makers hunting knives are…But then again, their “steak knives” are just a hunting knife with the hilt reduced just as their 

Model 6 – “All Purpose Carving Knife”

9" blade of 3/16" stainless steel stock. 
4 3/4" - 5" stag handle fitted with nickel silver hilt is their 9” Salt Water Fisherman blade mounting a stag handle and nickel silver hilt

"those tricky Randallites......."

Just got my first two Randall's

Posted by Tom Peterson on April 26, 2011

Hello RMK Group Members,

I just got my first two Randall Made Knives. My first is a #25 - 5" Trapper made of O-1 steel with nickel silver hilt and aluminum butt cap and the second is a #5 - 6" Camp & Trail with stag handle and brass hilt and butt plate in O-1 steel. I am hooked now!!! I would have opted for the #14 or #1 but I wanted something smaller to start out with in case the wife decided to stab me! Can't wait to get the next one now! Looking forward to putting these to use. I have posted pictures of these below -oops added one twice. I did order a #14 for my eldest son - with a green micarta single finger grip, #1 nickel silver hilt and smooth nickel silver collar. He is anxiously awaiting his early Christmas present!

Tom Peterson

Reply by Andy Voelkle "AxeMan" on April 26, 2011

Tom, you sure ordered some great Randalls. My #5 has been a campsite companion ever since I got it. It's one designed by Bradford Angier with a compass in the handle and a wrist thong. Your son will treasure his #14. I took mine over the wall in 1965 and it got me back OK. There are many others that can handle heavy chores, but the #14 is not easily equalled. Congratulations. Welcome to the Randall group!

Reply by Tom Peterson on April 27, 2011 

Thanks Andy,

I wish that my #5 was as well optioned with the wrist thong and compass as your but maybe the next one will be! I picked it and my #25 up at Randall's once a year sale of unclaimed knives. It sure looks like your #14 has served you well sir and thank you for your service to our country.  I'd like to get a #14 of my own one of these days and maybe a couple of others. My son is pretty pumped up about getting a RMK - we visited Randall's shop last October but really never thought that we might actually own one of these gems. I thought that I would start with the smaller knives and work up to a larger one. Thanks for allowing me to join your group. 
Tom Peterson

Reply by kimmo lilja on June 4, 2011

Both very nice knives. I have a 25 -6 trapper and a 5-6 stag. Very nice knives congrats.

I have a Vietnam era mod 14 tenite and it's  solid as a tank :-)

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service