Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Randall Made Knives — — Hosted by Andy Voelkle "AxeMan" — Randall User Since 1965

Knives hand forged on the anvils of Randall Made Knives in Orlando Florida have been world famous since WW2. They are very strong fixed blade knives proven in combat and around campfires worldwide. If you are interested, pro or con, join us!

Tags: Forum, Knife, Randall

Views: 2636

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by Tom Peterson on June 7, 2011 

Thanks for your comments Kimmo. I am excited about these knives but can't wait until I get a few more. I want to find one or more to dedicate as users but it is hard to pick which one. I'm leaning toward using my #5 but have had thoughts of ordering a #5 with stainless blade, wrist thong, compass and either micarta or stag handles. I wish they would allow 6 options at Randall so I wouldn't have to do without one that I'd like.

Would like to see pictures of your #25 & #5. Have you posted them already? Are you the original owner of your #14? The older ones get pretty pricey in today's marketplace!

Reply by kimmo lilja on June 10, 2011

Hi.

Here is a pic of the trapper I have. 25-5   I realy like this knife and how it feels in hand. you have for shore already notced that :-)

The randall 14 I got from and old friend :-)

Reply by kimmo lilja on June 10, 2011

A modell 8-4 bird and trout is also a fantastic knife as a user :-)

A mod 2-7

Posted by kimmo lilja on June 14, 2011

Hi.

Here is a mod 2-7 I added to my collection. Took some pics of it because I love it. :-) What do you think?

Reply by Andy Voelkle "AxeMan" on June 14, 2011 

This is the most artistically perfect example of the model that I have ever seen. Awesome. Is that handle made of G-10 or micarta? The forward facing hilt is perfectly shaped. Thanks very much for the exceptionally fine photos. The photographic factors of saturation, contrast, luminance and light reflection give the photos a striking realism. They set a very high mark for me to try for as I photograph some of my favorite Randalls in the coming weeks. Well done indeed!

My mod-2 is the smaller letter opener style of the early 1970s with a stacked leather handle and brass fit

Reply by Robert Burris on June 14, 2011

You're right there Andy that's one fine knife.

Reply by KENT GABLE on June 14, 2011

Outstanding pair of Randalls! Definately for combat use & afterall that's how ole "Bo" Randall started out along with Buck, making weapons for our troops during WWII.

Reply by kimmo lilja on June 15, 2011 

Thank's.

I realy like this two knives and I think this type of mod 2 is not made many :-)

Its g-10 Jade in the handle

Randall Paring knife

Posted by Ben Rawls on February 3, 2012

In 1962 I was a junior at the University of Florida. One of the brothers who lived next door had a really pretty stag handled paring knife. I picked it up and saw "Randall" on the blade. "Where did you get a Randall paring knife?"

"Bo Randall is my next door neighbor in Orlando".

I have never seen another but I'm sure they are out there.

Reply by Andy Voelkle "AxeMan" on February 5, 2012

One of my first knives, maybe 1966-7 was an old style #8 Trout and Bird knife, and one of the few small stag handle knives. Maybe this was what he had? Seems like Bo Randall would have made a lot of variants before he settled on a design. To me a "paring" knife would not have had much of a tang because people hold them at various angles when peeling fruit and other uses. Is there any chance you could get a picture of the knife?

Reply by Andy Voelkle "AxeMan" on January 8, 2010

You have designed and made a custom Randall that is one of the finest I've ever seen. I have the standard model which illustrates how far you can develop a design toward museum quality. Well done, Sir!

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service