Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hi fellows,

First, I have to admit that I am not a collector. I am seeking info on a knife that I was awarded in 1989 as  a 10 yr award. It is a Queen improved muskrat and is in a wooden and glass presentation case. I have researched to no end and haven't been able to find this same product. Any info you can furnish would be much appreciated., such as how many in series, value etc. I'm sure someone on this forum knows more about these knives than I ever will. I have  loaded pics on my page. Not sure if I have to link them somehow. Thanks.

Views: 262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

20180908_191649

20180908_191444

66th anniversity of Queen ,made in 1988,Sargent number seven page 283

Frederick,

Thanks for the response but I am still confused about how to get full message, or is this your full response ending with 283? Sorry but that means nothing to me. Is that a catalog or reference book? Where do I find it? Thanks for the help from a Newbie!

Frederick Fisher said:

The knife was made in 1988 for the 66th anniversary of Queen Cutlery Co. and they made 600 of them for that.  It was not made prior to that or after that, it was a one time production.  It was put out to the general public to purchase.  I assume all were sold.  The reference  to Sargent is the book that Jim Sargent put out for many years on knives.  I provided the pictures and descriptions for the Queen section of the last several editions.  The name of the book is American Premium Guide to Knives & Razors, Identification and Value Guide, 7th Edition.  It was available in 2008. 

Hope this answer your questions.  Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Fred

WP Broussard said:

Frederick,

Thanks for the response but I am still confused about how to get full message, or is this your full response ending with 283? Sorry but that means nothing to me. Is that a catalog or reference book? Where do I find it? Thanks for the help from a Newbie!

Frederick Fisher said:

Thanks for the clarification Fred. That's definitely more information than I've been able to find. Any idea on value?

Frederick Fisher said:

The knife was made in 1988 for the 66th anniversary of Queen Cutlery Co. and they made 600 of them for that.  It was not made prior to that or after that, it was a one time production.  It was put out to the general public to purchase.  I assume all were sold.  The reference  to Sargent is the book that Jim Sargent put out for many years on knives.  I provided the pictures and descriptions for the Queen section of the last several editions.  The name of the book is American Premium Guide to Knives & Razors, Identification and Value Guide, 7th Edition.  It was available in 2008. 

Hope this answer your questions.  Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Fred

WP Broussard said:

Frederick,

Frederick Fisher said:

I haven't seen one sell in many years, so I don't know if my estimation would be accurate.  In the book, I valued the knife at $75 to $90.  

Fred

WP Broussard said:

Thanks for the clarification Fred. That's definitely more information than I've been able to find. Any idea on value?

Frederick Fisher said:

Fred

WP Broussard said:

Frederick,

Frederick Fisher said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit