Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

This is the place to show and discuss small knives. Penknives, lobsters, peanuts, tuxedos, ladies and gents knives of all kinds are welcome.

Views: 2117

Replies to This Discussion

Well Smiling-Knife kicked off with a Ike so that steels my thunder.   I guess I'll toss out a knife commonly called a "Toledo" Despite being named after a town in Spain, most of the seem to be made in Germany.  Mine is basically styled after the Victorinox Classics.

It's right at 4 inches long and about 1/2 wide. The scales are gold tone brass, I think with red and black laquer applied to the engraving.  I'm looking for one with a corkscrew. Despite the finger print, the blades are unsharpened and as new.   It's about as close to mint and you can get.

That is nice, Toby.

Here is on I have from Buck Creek in Jade Green.

Nice knives guys. This little gem is aproximately 2.75 inches closed. The scales are Sterling silver with British hallmarks for Birmingham 1897. The blade are unmarked but most likely made in Sheffield. Still has very good half stops and snap.

Any clue as to what that hook is for?   That's a keeper for sure!

Yes, it's a button hook. They were quite popular in Victorian times. This one is quite small so perhaps for gloves or a lady's blouse. Larger ones were used for shoes, coats etc.  Thanks very much for the comments.

Thanks for  I had to look it up  From the wikipedia:

A buttonhook is a tool used to facilitate the closing of shoes, gloves or other apparel that uses buttons as fasteners.

It consists of a steel hook fixed to a handle which may be simple or decorative as part of a dresser set or chatelaine. Sometimes they were given away as promotions with product advertising on the handle.

To use, the hook end is inserted through the buttonhole to capture the button by the shank and draw it through the opening.

Good topic. Small knives seem to often be overlooked by collectors. Here's a mix of small H. Boker knives.

Beautiful Bokers Roger. I especially like the first one with the swell centre handle and the grape vines on the bolsters. Thanks very much for posting.

Great looking knives.

Those Bokers are absolutely fantastic.  The top one is simply exceptional!  Not to mention lobsters w/scissors.  So many people think this was a Victorinox  idea.  Maybe it was but I've seen  it on a lot of old  German knives.

Tobias, I like your Toledo knife with the scissors.  This one is stamped Toledo on the tang.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service