Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

As a follow up to our coverage of the recent Blade Show, we are posting the winners of The Factory Knife Category and The Custom Knife Category. Have any of these knives? Will this influence your decision to buy in the coming year?

We'd like to hear your thoughts. iKnife Collector congratulates the winners!

Blade Magazine has given these awards to recognize the industry’s finest factory knives and are as follows:

•Overall Knife Of The Year®: Zero Tolerance 0777;

•American Made Knife Of The Year®: Spyderco Native 5 Fluted Ti;

•Imported Knife Of The Year®: Spyderco Vallotton Subhilt:

•Most Innovative American Design: Microtech Select Fire;

•Most Innovative Imported Design: Fox Dobolock;

•Best Buy Of The Year®: Columbia River Knife & Tool Shenanigan;

•Investor/Collector Knife Of The Year®: William Henry Studio ST-4010;

•Manufacturing Quality Award: Chris Reeve Knives;

•Collaboration Of The Year®: Zero Tolerance and Rick Hinderer for the Model 0560;

•Kitchen Knife Of The Year®: Kershaw Shun Fuji;

•Accessory Of The Year®: Blade-Tech MOLLE Lok;

•Industry Achievement Award: Pete Cohan;

•Publisher’s Award: New Hampshire Rep. Jenn Coffey.

The BLADE Show custom knife awards are as follows:

•Best Knife Collaboration and Best Of Show: Dennis Friedly art knife engraved by Gil Rudolph;

•Best Miniature Knife: Yoshio Sakauchi;

•Best Fixed Blade: Rodrigo Sfreddo;

•Best Bowie: John White;

•Best Fighter: R.J. Martin;

•Most Innovative Design: Joe Caswell;

•Best Utility Hunter: Dan Farr;

•Best Sword: Vince Evans;

•Best Art Knife: Donald Vogt;

•Best Of The Rest: Mardi Meshejian;

•Best New Maker: Rod Watts;

•Best Handle Design: Vince Evans;

•Best Tactical Folder: Brian Fellhoelter;

•Best Damascus Knife: John White.

Tags: 2011, Awards, Blade, Show

Views: 971

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hog,

I think your right and the "like" button should make this very easy.  Maybe around the beginning of Fall?  I would be willing to bet we could make it work with just a few simple catagories

The club knife makers could enter a picture and discription of their knife. Then the rest of us could vote.
We would have to decide on the categories
Thanks Robert, you know that's a pretty good idea. Like Jan said, put them in categories and we have our own vote. Put up pictures and announce the winners.

Robert Burris said:
The club knife makers could enter a picture and discription of their knife. Then the rest of us could vote.
i agree with billy its like a car show they are nice but only a few can afford them.just because those magazine judges says thats who they think is the best of the year.does not speak  for the rest of us.now the zero talaronce is a nice knife and afforable i like that one but as far as customs. i don't think they have seen our knife makers here at i k c . i would rather buy a knife off one of our guys than the ones they said.but thats just me.if i like it and can afford it i will buy it..
I think it would be fun but it would all depend on the categories, you can't compare a $200 knife to a $700 knife.
I guess you have to judge the knife on 'characteristics" like color, quality, blade, etc. You can't judge on money. Let's face it value is determined by the consumer. Our judging has to be based on what we like, regardless of cost. Just thinkn out loud, you might have some other ideas that we could aslo employ. I would guess that our friends at Blade used some subjective reasoning!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service