Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hello everyone , I am new and have a question but first I want to thank you all for the warm welcome and to Jan for getting me on this page .lol I recently purchased an old peachseed bone Von Cleff Jacknife with this leather case that came with it .The only information I have is it was made in Germany for esteemed N.Y. importer/ wholesaler . it is 3.75 inches when closed . this is my first try so I hope the picture loads. Does anyone know any history on this knife? Thank you in advance

Tags: cleff, knives, vom

Views: 696

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Vom Cleff & Co. according to the Official Guide to Collector knives was imported  from 1887- 1930.  Some info on the founder of the import co https://books.google.com/books?id=LSEtAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA184&lpg...

Nice vintage knife.

Charles, I can add just a little more-Goin's Enclyclopedia of Cutlery Markings dates it to 1885-1926. Throughout the company existence, their headquarters was literally next door to Boker. Vom Cleff was located at 105 Duane St. NY and Boker was next door at 101-103 Duane St., NY. In all likelihood, they got their deliveries from the same trucks. LOL.-A fairly rare knife, and yours appears to be in great condition for it's age--I am assuming you bought it off of ebay for $129.- Worth that or more. Most sources list Vom Cleff knives as medium in the value range, but it is hard to find a 100 year old knife in such fine condition IMHO, a good snag on a very well made old German knife.BTW, that is not the first Vom Cleff I have seen with that purse-like case--- That is indeed the case that goes with that knife, thus adding to its value----

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service