Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Not being a whittler i know nothing about the subject but would like to know what those of you that do whittle like and why

Views: 616

Replies to This Discussion

Jason,

The good thing about whittling is that you can use about ANY good pocket knife...

I'd suggest that you try out different patterns by first looking into an inexpensive brand, (I like Rough Riders), before you buy a more expensive one.  They only run about $10-15.00, so, if that's not your favorite pattern, you haven't spent too much.

My favorite knife, for whittling, is a wharncliffe whittler.  The CASE Seahorse has been released from the vault and is now available.

Followed by the Great Eastern Gippetto whittler, 1st edition.  Later editions have a clip blade.

Sue Olds Widow had a discussion in the CASE group about the CASE 83 whittler that gives a good description of whittlers in general,  it's a good read.    http://www.iknifecollector.com/forum/topics/case-83-whittler

What is the best Whittling wood to use? 

If you're wanting to actually carve something, Terry, I suggest starting with basswood. You can find it at most any craft store.

#72 thats a fine whittling knife i can tell, looks like a old friend

found a pic today I thought would make a good one

If you are like me and spend a little time making shavings. Then the knife in your pocket will do admirably.

LOL, thats my style also

Thought that might had been one that Donnie had made, Jan.

What about this Talon 92 GEC put out in a wharnnecliffe JJ? what kinda of whittler would that make

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service