Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

You know on those rare occasions when you're in the right place at the right time and you get a great deal on a knife. Or happen to walk into a gun shop and/or knife store and you get a knife that was just released. Or then again you get the last one in stock of a popular blade. Or your buddy (poor guy) has to sell a knife immediately. Or you actually look down and found a good knife...ah Happy times...lol!

Tags: benchmade, blades, cold, deal, discoveries, edc, emerson, find, first, happy, More…knife, production, score, sku, sog, spyderco, steel, times, trade

Views: 1365

Replies to This Discussion

Six dollars for a Sanrenmu "Sebenza" (model 710) - I've had many much more expensive folders, but this one keeps finding it's way into my pocket everyday. I didn't even get a deal on it - they cost that much normally, and hands down - it's the best buy on a knife in my entire life. I like it BETTER than my BMs and Spydies and EKI - for EDC chores (not worried if I scratch it, or lose it, etc.)
Hello, On e-bay I won a Remington # R3055 premium stock knife in near excellent condition for $43.00. I am still happy about that.
Hello Rusty, Two months ago I won one of those " 1 of 30 ebony railsplitters on e-bay from a seller that goes by{ Big Don's }. I wonder if I am the guy in your disscussion? Anyway it is a nice knife, but when I found out latter it was made by Queen I was a little disapointed; not becouse I don't like Queen knives, I have many of them and I am a member of the Queen Collectors Club., but after all is it not a queen knife? I was under the impression that Northwoods made there own knives. Maybe you can shed some light on this? Are these authorized reproductions of a old knife maker or is northwoods a company that has queen make knives for them? Thanks.
Hi Mark.
To the best of my knowledge, Queen makes all of the Northwoods, Robeson, Schatt & Morgan and Colonel Coon. I know nothing about old time knife makers. If these are old brands, I can only assume that Queen has license to make the present day versions. Queen also makes some of the Moore Makers, Remington, Winchester & USA Bulldogs. I think they also made the Case Classics in the 1990's. The American cutlers I know of who make at least some of their own knives are: Amherst Cutlery, Bear & Son, Buck(some made in China), Canal Street Cutlery, Case, Great Eastern Cutlery, Kutmaster and Queen. I carry a Moore Maker sowbelly whittler. It's blades & shield are stamped "Matador, Tx". I was a little embarrassed when I discovered it wasn't made in Texas. I'm sure I've left out some brands - if you come across any more, let me know & I will add them to my list.
Thats a great deal. I went to buy a ZT 0200 yesterday, but it was 160$
I just got a SOG Pentagon Elite 2 for $80, and they normally go for 170!
YEA I DONE GOOD FOUND A 1997 CASE 6249 SS COPPERHEAD..IT HAS THE REGULAR MAIN BLADE BUT THE SECOND BLADE LOOKS LIKE CAME OUT OF A TRAPPER FED BONE HANDLES WITH THE CHEVY DESIGN SHIELD THAT SAYS CASE...DO A LITTLE FOUND OUT THE CASE DIDN'T MAKE A LOT OF NEVER MADE PRODUCTION...GAVE THE FELLOW AT THE FLEA MARKET A TWENTY DOLLAR BILL AND GRINNED NEW I FOUND SOME THING SPECIAL..
i got a ckc full tang leather handled hiker(L6 steel) for u.s $40 from Kyley Harris of New Zealand when he started taking pre-orders on his excellent customized NZ Svord blades:):):) absolutely LOVE them:)
Attachments:
and i have to live there, /doh. just carrying a normal folder is a hassle
i got really lucky, Really REALLY lucky.
Found a Randall made 6 inch skinner, in a lake snorkling. Had to make a new handle for it, and the blade was all pitted, but its one nice knife to get free!
Gerber Mini Fastdraw at a flea market for $1. Friend who just got back from Iraq sold me his black tanto Ka-Bar for $30. Benchmade 523 Presidio $60. CRKT full throttle $20.
One time at an estate sale ran across 9 knives for $100 total. It just happened that there was a Kershaw in there from the 70's, birchwood handle, fixed blade, 9in overall length, limited edition with brass eagle for the bolster. Sold it for $250. Also in that batch was a Texas Sesquicentenial (150 year) Case Lockhorn, in box, all papers, beautiful stag handles. Ended up trading that knife for a Case 3 blade stag scout 1990's, tiny blue bone trapper, 2 1983 green smooth bone Schrade Heritage knives (stockman / trapper). Sold the scout for $200, the tiny trapper for $40 and still have the 2 Schrades. As for the other 9 knives, either traded them for additional stock or sold them for a minimum of $30 each, a couple for right at $100 each. Guess that wasn't just a best deal on one knife but a best deal on 9 knives... but that was my best haul to date. I was simply astonished that they let those 9 knives go for $11 each.
Anyway, estate sales can be the best places to find knives if you can get to them in time...HA!!!

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service