Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Zero Tolerance Knives are a collaboration between Kai USA , Ken Onion and Strider Knives. They bring us a series of professional grade combat knives built to survive the worst conditions. Please share your experiences with these great blades.

Tags: ZT, forum, knife

Views: 3427

Replies to This Discussion

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on October 20, 2012

Yes I agree Jim. But if they sell those scales they must take this kind of problems in considerations. 

Comment by Steve Scheuerman (Manx) on December 22, 2012

A 0301 and a 0303 for Christmas. Lucky so-and-so me. *big grin*

Comment by Steve Hanner on February 18, 2013

So we knowat  Shot Show in vegas they debuted 3 new knives:

now I know that 0566 is a Rick Hinderer design, but what about the rest any thoughts?

Comment by Guy Fleetwood on February 18, 2013

I like the 0556. Number 2 

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on February 19, 2013

If they are using ELMAX on those models I hope they make it right because the ELMEX version used on the 0560-0561 is not impressive and dulls easy. 

Comment by Steve Hanner on February 19, 2013

I always thought ELMAX was comparable to the steel S30V? Which has bee used extensively? Similar properties or significant differences?

My first impression about the ELMEX was that it is a super steel but there is a significant differences in the steel finish one ELMEX I think it depends on the heat-treat.  But the more important fact is how the ELEMEX performs on a specific model.

I talked with diferent knife users about the ELMEX on the 0560 and they all conform that it ha a terrible edge retention far bad than the trusted proven S30V

Comment by Steve Hanner on February 19, 2013

Well after watching that video I have to agree. In fact hard to argue the S30V far outperforms. How is it that the knife passed edge retention tests and was released using ELMAX steel? Does not sound like comparison testing was done. At least not completely.Thanks for the video!

no problem I highly recommend you to watch all smokeeaters cut test there you can see how different steel perform for me I think the best steels are S30V that is using CRK on the sebenza's and Spyderco on the Para 2 and the M390 andCTS20CP used on the southard flipper. They do the heat-treat right on those blades.  

Comment by Brad T. on June 7, 2013 

Acquired a 0560 in trade for a numbered Ltd Ed.BM Mini-Onslaught. I should have checked in here about that 1st, I guess. Oh well, I am not terribly rough on my knives anyway.

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on June 7, 2013

As long as you are happy with it there is no better way to go. I personally would never trade a bob lum design especially a limited version for a regular production knife. I have the regular small Lum Onslaught and I like it but that is more a gentleman's knife not so useful for hard or tactical use.    Enjoy your new acquisition. 

Comment by Brad T. on June 7, 2013

Thanks Patrik. I acquired the Lum knowing I probably wouldn't carry it and I paid less for it than a new 0560 would have cost. I figure I have plenty of "Safe Queens" already. The 0560 will share the H/D knife rotation with my BM 581, 583-1, 710, 810, 760, ZT0350 & 1725CB. Now I can swap out everyday and double-up once a week.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service