Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Zero Tolerance Knives are a collaboration between Kai USA , Ken Onion and Strider Knives. They bring us a series of professional grade combat knives built to survive the worst conditions. Please share your experiences with these great blades.

Tags: ZT, forum, knife

Views: 3427

Replies to This Discussion

Comment by Steve Hanner on June 7, 2013 

Congrats Brad that 0560 is on my radar!

Comment by Brad T. on June 10, 2013

0560 got here today, man I think I got the better end of that trade. I know the Mini-Onslaught was a Special numbered limited edition, but I wanted something I could carry and use aggressively if needed. This fits the bill.

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on June 10, 2013 

recommend to use the knife for a while as far as I know the edge retention on that Elmex blade sucks. Let us know how it holds up.

Comment by Jim Wilson on June 10, 2013

As a current owner and user, my edge retention is great on my Elmax in both the former 0560 I had and my currently owned 0551.  No issues here, no matter what a youtube video said.  Same kinds of tests and failures exist on CRK knives too, but if I want one to try for myself, I won't let that deter me.  Keep us updated Brad. 

Comment by Guy Fleetwood on June 11, 2013

You can't go wrong with a Zero Tolerance. I have a 0551 - 0560 - I carry a 0300 as my edc. Great trade Brad T.

Comment by Brad T. on June 25, 2013 

Has everybody seen these? Not in production yet, but KAI will be updating as they go along.

Comment by Jim Wilson on June 25, 2013

Ah yes, the 0454 and 0801CF.  Beautiful!  KAI also recently mentioned that the 0770 which is the more affordable follow up to the awesome 0777 will have carbon fiber handles instead of aluminum, although the first few aluminum ones will be made since they had already set up to make them.  All carbon fiber versions after that.  Looks amazing!

Comment by Steve Hanner on July 3, 2013

Beautiful knives! I saw the second one today for the first time

Comment by Wes Painter on July 28, 2013

Hey folks, I recently acquired a ZT0550 as I did not have one in my collection and wanted to check out the S35VN steel (got a couple of fixed blades with S35VN but can't use them as my EDC blade).  Anyway, the steel seems great.  So far it doesn't seem to be any better than S30V; S3V or even CPM154.  It is easy to resharpen (but so are the others) and is good at holding an edge.  After slicing lots and lots of cardboard moving boxes over 2-3 week period, it only needed a couple of strokes on the Sharpmaker's fine ceramic sticks and a couple of strops on my flat leather hone with green compound.  Sharper than ever.   This would be a perfect EDC knife if ZT had used a flipper blade like the 0560.  As it is my old arthritic thumb can barely open the blade with the thumb-stud.  Geometrically, I don't think the stud is perfectly placed for ease of opening.  Also, what's going on with the thickness of the handle???  It's thicker and less comfortable to grip than the 0560 and seems to weigh as much or more--go figure.  Anyway, it's still a great knife and I enjoy carrying it.  Some ZTs are nicer than others, but none disappoint!

Comment by Steve Scheuerman (Manx) on July 30, 2013 

Yeah, the thumbstud placement leaves something to be desired,too tight to the handle for my likes.But these knives are definitely made to use! I love the S30V myself.

Comment by Steve Hanner on September 24, 2013

Breaking news! My frinds at ZT say the long awaited ZT 566 is in the factory and being assembled! Expect to start seeing them very soon!

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on September 25, 2013

Thank you Steve could you ask about the 0454 please. 

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service