Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Well, during my visit to Arkansas last week I picked up the 2012 Texas Ranger. I know that there were some production problems with this one (I've seen the bad ones at the AGR facility) but they were all picked out and this one shows none of the flaws that some of the bad ones showed. (A.G. and Phil (Gibbs) were quite vexed at the misstakes that were made in some of them).

I'll write a more elaborate discription in the "Sharper review" group later. For now. Here's some pictures to enjoy.

I'm not sure whether this one is going to get any useage from me.

Some part about me doesn't mind having a couple of knives purely for collecting though. The TR knives seem to fall into this category nicely. Very nice knives, excellent build and unique design combined with limited production numbers make this somewhat collectable to me.

Maybe I'll strap them on my belt somedays though. I know I have with my 2010 version (the sheath is showing the signs).

I'm also very excited about the 2013 version...which I've seen some plans for....but I'm not telling

Views: 406

Replies to This Discussion

Wow sorry I missed this one Alexander.Its clearly a good looking knife and I would love to see a review of it!

Prototype of the 2013 Texas Ranger

I love both of them guys, when does the plain version come out? I found out a long time ago, you get your moneies worth with Mr. Russell.

I don't know the timetable on the 2013 yet. There maybe some modifications yet to be made on the knife, but this is  the proto he has previewed. He did suggest placing an order in advance so might see a sell out looming?

Robert Burris said:

I love both of them guys, when does the plain version come out? I found out a long time ago, you get your moneies worth with Mr. Russell.

Well, the Texas Ranger is always limited to 1000 pieces. The 2008, 2009 and 2010 versions completely sold out. The 2011 and 2012 are still available but won't be forever.

I believe the 2008, 09 and 10 versions all sold out pretty fast.

This looks to be a redesign of the knife that incorporates that bigger wider blade. Seeing as that is gaining in poularity maybe it will sell out faster due to demand for that type of blade? Well, only time will tell and I guess we will see the final configuration here pretty soon along with the price.

What I am trying to find out is "each year they make the Texas Ranger and then make the same knife without the Texas logo. So when will the 2012 and 2013, plain versions come out?"

Don't know Robert. The 2010 sunfish "regular" model came out in 2011 I believe. (might have been early 2012). So that means the 2012 civilian version might be out around 2013-14?

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service