Welcome Home

Views: 55

Replies to This Discussion

Picked this up today. 5.5 inch blade. Etching covers one side. It shows two people sitting around a campfire in front of a tent on the shore. Their boat and others in the background. Note Tree Brand on the side of the tent. On other side: Tree and "H. Boker & Co. Germany." Stag grips. Leather sheath. I was wondering if anyone had seen this same knife and knows a possible date?

Boker has some well documented dating codes.  If you click here and go about 1/2 way down the page, I think you will be intrigued

Hi Robin,

The fact that it has Germany stamped on the tang makes it post 1891 (Steel tariff). So, its age is somewhere between 1891 - 1944 per Mark Zalesky's Boker article in Knife World. The camping scene was originally painted with enamel paint. Attached is one that I have with most of the paint still intact. Hope this helps to answer your questions & nice knife!

Very interesting to see what the knife originally looked like. The "Chromium Stainless Finish" is pretty much all gone from mine.

Jan Carter said:

"Boker has some well documented dating codes.  If you click here and go about 1/2 way down the page, I think you will be intrigued"

Thanks. I also see this: https://www.boker.de/pdf/knifeworld.pdf

However, I never see any mention of the way my knife's tang is stamped with the Tree and then "H. Broker and Co. Germany"...with no "Solingen" stamp. I do assume the knife is pre-war. But how far pre-war?

Any idea what the original sheath looked like?

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Syd Carr replied to John Burton's discussion Show Us a Buck Knife photo in the group BUCK KNIVES GROUP
6 minutes ago
John Burton replied to John Burton's discussion Show Us a Buck Knife photo in the group BUCK KNIVES GROUP
27 minutes ago
Syd Carr replied to John Burton's discussion Show Us a Buck Knife photo in the group BUCK KNIVES GROUP
49 minutes ago

Featured
Steve Riordan posted a status
"Early 1920's Golden Rule ( I think ) 2 Lovely Scantly Dressed Ladies, On a Gents Coke Bottle Knife! No Tang Stamps"
1 hour ago

Featured
Steve Riordan posted photos
1 hour ago
J.J. Smith III left a comment for Ellis H. Roberson
1 hour ago
J.J. Smith III left a comment for Ellis H. Roberson
1 hour ago
2 hours ago
Ricky Ray commented on Michael D Sabol's group Boker Fans
3 hours ago
Ellis H. Roberson left a comment for J.J. Smith III
5 hours ago
6 hours ago
Nick A posted a discussion
11 hours ago
Jan Carter posted a status
"good morning iKC"
11 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Craig Henry's photo
13 hours ago

Featured
Craig Henry posted photos
18 hours ago

Featured
Craig Henry replied to Craig Henry's discussion Case 046 - Humpback in the group Case Fans
18 hours ago

Reed Cutlery Company

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

gear2survive !

KNIFE AUCTIONS

Now Available

KNIFE NEWS!!!

Click to view more

JSR Sports!

NEW

© 2018   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service