Welcome Home

Hi all,

Thought I'd start a new thread asking folks to show a Buck knife photo or two. I like just about anything made by Buck. But, am drawn to the Gold etch art knives and love stag handles.

Buck 124 with Colt Firearm's gold etch

[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/jb4570/IMG_0003.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/jb4570/IMG_0007.jpg[/IMG]

David Yellowhorse Dream knife

[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/jb4570/100_1558_00.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/jb4570/100_1553.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/jb4570/100_1552.jpg[/IMG]

John

Views: 4802

Replies to This Discussion

This is kinda a tribute knife to celebrate the #110, and I think they are only available as special orders. This was one of the offerings of the BCCI Annual 2017 Club Knife this year, and I figured I deserved at least one custom knife, this was my choice.

I love this.

Thanks Eric, me too. I hate that I spent the money, but I love that I have it. I'll have to consider this my Christmas present to myself, and get used to eating rice and beans after paying for it.

Eric Hall said:

I love this.

Here is another Buck that I couldn't resist, mainly because it is a 1993 knife, the birth year of my daughter. Good 'ol #110 Folding Hunter in very good condition, sharp as a tack after a stropping with a very dark "stock" wood handle, (almost black, a result of age I suspect, probably Macassar Ebony Dymondwood; which is a fancy name for a hardwood laminate). I included a comparison photo with my #101 Custom Hunter to show how it was inspired entirely by the iconic #110, (and to show off that awesome swirly carbon fiber handle and the SS bolsters). I also included a Buck factory image of the non-custom variety of the #101 Hunter, as you can see that version, though obviously inspired by the #110, has only a single bolster; here is a link to that web page. Edit: I should mention that the "custom" version comes with a black sheath with a flap, (pictured earlier in this thread), while the "stock" version comes with a more traditional open top sheath, (also black leather). Personally I think I like the open sheath better, it would show off the spectacular handle material better, but since I will probably never carry the knife it isn't a deal breaker.

Pair of Bucklite 426's in desert and woodland camo.

Nice Ted. I usually don't like very many non-traditional pocket knives, but I really like the look of those, especially the desert.

Ted Salmon Jr. said:

Hi Syd,

Thanks, I really enjoy collecting 110's also. The blades on the 426 and 110 are identical, I have seen a 426 with a 110 stamped blade.

Ted

Syd Carr said:

Nice Ted. I usually don't like very many non-traditional pocket knives, but I really like the look of those, especially the desert.

Ted Salmon Jr. said:

All, (or most), of my Bucks Ted are part of a set, special editions or have family or other sentimental attachment to them, so I only carry/use them on special occasions or not at all. The only Buck I regularly carry and use is an "extra" #310 Whittler I carry in my front pocket, (extra meaning I have a better version in the "collection"). The three #110's I have all have special meaning to me so I seldom carry them, having a lightweight #110-sized knife with indestructible handles looks attractive to me as an EDC. Unfortunately I just checked Ebay and found a few #426's, none in camo, and I see their prices are pretty high, that surprises me but what do I know. (as 300bucks on AAPK tells me all the time).

Your's are beautiful, enjoy them.

Ted Salmon Jr. said:

Hi Syd,

Thanks, I really enjoy collecting 110's also. The blades on the 426 and 110 are identical, I have seen a 426 with a 110 stamped blade.

Ted

Syd Carr said:

Ted Salmon Jr. said:

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Featured
Craig Henry posted photos
1 hour ago

Featured
Craig Henry posted photos
1 hour ago

Featured
Craig Henry posted a photo
1 hour ago

Featured
Craig Henry replied to Craig Henry's discussion 33 Pattern in the group Case Fans
1 hour ago

Featured
Craig Henry replied to Craig Henry's discussion Case Seahorse in the group Case Fans
1 hour ago

Featured
Craig Henry replied to Craig Henry's discussion Case Sowbelly in the group Case Fans
1 hour ago
Jan Carter posted a status
"Good Night and God Bless"
5 hours ago
Jan Carter left a comment for Ellis H. Roberson
5 hours ago

Featured
Charles Sample left a comment for David Woodruff
7 hours ago
Billy Oneale left a comment for David Woodruff
7 hours ago
Carl Bradshaw replied to Jan Carter's discussion Just a notice in the group Queen Cutlery & Friends
8 hours ago

KnifeMaker
CaseGuy replied to CaseGuy's discussion Family heirloom
10 hours ago
Jan Carter replied to Jan Carter's discussion Just a notice in the group Queen Cutlery & Friends
10 hours ago
Jan Carter replied to CaseGuy's discussion Family heirloom
10 hours ago
Jan Carter left a comment for Pauline Spear
10 hours ago
Jan Carter left a comment for CaseGuy
10 hours ago

Reed Cutlery Company

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

gear2survive !

KNIFE AUCTIONS

Now Available