WELCOME HOME !

I was asked to show my Carbon knives, if I had any.

Tags: carbon, steel

Views: 241

Replies to This Discussion

It's also difficult for folks to understand that a good patina can actually protect the blade from mure dangerous corrosion.

Over the years I have learned to appreciate a good patina.  Those earned always seem more pleasing to me than those forced.  Even forced can be a good looking blade.  Donnie still prefers a polished look on his pocket knife blades and keeps them in that shape, even the heavy EDC's.  This is funny to me now since when he forges he prefers to leave some of the hammer marks in the blade LOL
J.J. Smith III said:

It's also difficult for folks to understand that a good patina can actually protect the blade from mure dangerous corrosion.

Here are my carbon steel knives

.One of my prized knives is this custom with sheath from Don Carter Forge.  It is tool steel.

This knife is special to me because it was custom made for me by Lucas Forge using antler from one of my deer kills. It is 01 tool steel. The stand was made for my by Jeremy Buchanan using antler from another of my deer kills.

I have two production carbon steel knives.  The first is this Case 6318 CV medium stockman from 2013.

The second is this Case 310096 CV small Texas toothpick from 2012

CV's and customs. That is a good mix for a carbon collection Charles

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

KnifeMaker
steve @ colonial knife posted a status
"Cast members from Naked And Afraid, they have used the CE-400 Bush-craft on the show"
27 minutes ago

KnifeMaker
steve @ colonial knife posted a status
"Blade Show Booth 1138 hope you all will come by and say hello, joining me in the booth will be Abe Alias, Jane Collins, cast members of the"
34 minutes ago
Jeremy B. Buchanan replied to Tobias Gibson's discussion In what direction is your knife collection expanding?
56 minutes ago
Jan Carter replied to Tobias Gibson's discussion In what direction is your knife collection expanding?
1 hour ago
Jeremy B. Buchanan replied to Tobias Gibson's discussion In what direction is your knife collection expanding?
1 hour ago
Billy Oneale left a comment for Varma Penmetsha
1 hour ago
J.J. Smith III replied to Jan Carter's discussion iKC sponsors and members at Blade - be sure to stop and say HI
6 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Steve Davis replied to Jan Carter's discussion iKC sponsors and members at Blade - be sure to stop and say HI
11 hours ago
Steve Scheuerman (Manx) left a comment for Brad T.
12 hours ago
Steve Scheuerman (Manx) left a comment for Robert James
12 hours ago
Norm Allen replied to Norm Allen's discussion Help Identify these marks, tang stamps
13 hours ago
Jan Carter left a comment for Brad T.
13 hours ago
Jan Carter left a comment for Varma Penmetsha
13 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Greg Riggs updated their profile
19 hours ago
Craig Henry commented on Craig Henry's photo
20 hours ago

Reed Cutlery Company

Visit Lee' s Cutlery