/>

WELCOME HOME !

I was asked to show my Carbon knives, if I had any.

Tags: carbon, steel

Views: 248

Replies to This Discussion

It's also difficult for folks to understand that a good patina can actually protect the blade from mure dangerous corrosion.

Over the years I have learned to appreciate a good patina.  Those earned always seem more pleasing to me than those forced.  Even forced can be a good looking blade.  Donnie still prefers a polished look on his pocket knife blades and keeps them in that shape, even the heavy EDC's.  This is funny to me now since when he forges he prefers to leave some of the hammer marks in the blade LOL
J.J. Smith III said:

It's also difficult for folks to understand that a good patina can actually protect the blade from mure dangerous corrosion.

Here are my carbon steel knives

.One of my prized knives is this custom with sheath from Don Carter Forge.  It is tool steel.

This knife is special to me because it was custom made for me by Lucas Forge using antler from one of my deer kills. It is 01 tool steel. The stand was made for my by Jeremy Buchanan using antler from another of my deer kills.

I have two production carbon steel knives.  The first is this Case 6318 CV medium stockman from 2013.

The second is this Case 310096 CV small Texas toothpick from 2012

CV's and customs. That is a good mix for a carbon collection Charles

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Jan Carter replied to jerry marr's discussion Any help on what I have here?? in the group Vintage American Knives
30 minutes ago
Steve Riordan commented on Steve Riordan's status
1 hour ago
Paul S commented on Mark Gibbs's photo
1 hour ago
Jim Thompson left a comment for jerry marr
3 hours ago
Paul S commented on Steve Riordan's photo
5 hours ago
Syd Carr replied to jerry marr's discussion Any help on what I have here?? in the group Vintage American Knives
8 hours ago
jerry marr replied to jerry marr's discussion Any help on what I have here?? in the group Vintage American Knives
9 hours ago
jerry marr added a discussion to the group Vintage American Knives
9 hours ago
jerry marr joined Scott King's group
9 hours ago
jerry marr left a comment for jerry marr
9 hours ago
Steve Riordan posted a status
"Queen Cutlery is now Making Schatt & Morgan and Tuna Valley!"
11 hours ago
Steve Riordan posted a status
"I Just Ordered a Tuna Valley Mammoth Ivory Whittler Today! Brand New Mint in Tube with COA and Papers! Sweet Knife, Was their Last one!"
11 hours ago
Steve Riordan posted photos
11 hours ago
Steve Scheuerman (Manx) left a comment for Steve Riordan
12 hours ago
Steve A. Daniels left a comment for Capt Paul S
13 hours ago
D ale commented on Paul S's photo
16 hours ago

Reed Cutlery Company

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

click to visit