Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Comment by Gerald Hines on March 24, 2011 at 1:16

Thanks Nick not much of a collection. I have given one of the Stags as a gift and the CowGirl is also gone.
Comment by Gerald Hines on March 24, 2011 at 1:17
Part of the fun of aquiring these is giving them away.

Comment by Bill Fletcher on May 18, 2011 at 11:15

Hello,  I carried a Peanut knife for about a year.  They are a handy little pattern.  At present I only have the "Big Orange" while my better half has 3 in her knife X scissor collection. Thought that I'd share our pics.  All the best, Fletch 

Case XX 2008 Peanut 1 of 500, Tennessee Corelon Orange 9220

Case XX 2002 Peanut 8220R SC SS Mother of Pearl

Case XX 2010 Peanut 8220R SC  SS Abalone/back

Case XX 1997 Big Nut Peanut 6520 Blue Jigged Bone, Front & Back

Views: 9853

Replies to This Discussion

Another just in. Got this one in a trade with a good knife friend!

Imitation Ivory

Craig...

Gear knives.  Case is my favorite light duty EDC.  I tell you what would sell.  Case would come back with their auto knife line.

Clint,
I agree that Case auto knives would sell.  I have a couple auto knives (not Case), I like them, and believe that knife guys would certainly buy Case auto knives.  Auto knife restrictions in some states probably influence Case in not producing them.

It seems odd to me, such as in PA, where auto knives are prohibited from carry, that concealed handgun carry permits are easy to acquire, except for Philadelphia, assuming one is not a felon.  Also prohibited in PA are sword canes, daggers - yes, daggers, but Bowie knives are okay.  Plus, there is the interpretive catch phrase: "or other implement for the infliction of serious bodily injury which serves no common lawful purpose"…..

If auto knives were legal to carry here in PA, I would probably carry a small one, such as what Case might produce, as opposed to a Benchmade, but I have moved away from carrying any "working" folder - a folding knife robust enough for hard-use work every day, in favor of fixed blade knives; easier on the pants pockets, and if you are going to use a sheath/belt pouch for a folder, might as well wear a fixed-blade that is already open, so to speak.

New Nut!

Black Cherry Winterbottom Bone

Just in!

Gray Sycamore

Kirinite Patriot

New Nut!

Rough Olive

Just harvested from the Nut Farm...............

Chestnut Bone

Olive Green Tested XX

Wow, let's bring this back to the front!  I got this sweet lil peanut for my wife this Christmas.  Not only is this her first Case knife, but her first knife period. She would tease me every now and again that I needed to get her a pink knife.....this was close enough...She loved it.

Thanks John!

John Thornburg said:

Well good for you/her Andy, nice knife!

I started my Peanut obsession today. My wife and I were in a junk store today. I found a 1970 (10 Dot) peanut. I offered the guy$25. He said yes. So, I took it home and cleaned and sharpened it. It cleaned up really nice.

Good buy! 

There's A LOT of Peanuts out there!

Nice looking knife. Love the Peanut style.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

J.J. Smith III left a comment for Rich Randolph
2 hours ago
Rich Randolph is now a member of iKnife Collector
2 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a discussion
4 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted photos
4 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a status
"Thank you for the warm welcome. Looks like the perfect place for me!"
4 hours ago
Lars Ray replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
Saturday
Lars Ray commented on Gary Richard's blog post Clip Knife Pocket Damage Issue Resolved
Friday
John left a comment for Jan Carter
Apr 12
John left a comment for dead_left_knife_guy
Apr 12
Jan Carter posted an event

2024 Solvang Custom Knife Show at Hotel Corque

April 26, 2024 to April 27, 2024
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for Wally Guittard
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for John