WELCOME HOME !
Case/Bose Tribal Lock coming soon. I think it will be a nice pattern. Looks like 9+ different scales. What do you think? Comments? Thanks

Views: 207

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks

Andy Larrison said:
Not only did I get to hold it, the knife in the pic is mine. I've also got an ebony handled SHOT show exclusive tribal lock on order.

My main focus is on the 07 mini trapper and the 048 slimline trapper patterns.
I would too

J.J. Smith III said:
CASE does good with the Pocket Worn series. I'd love to see them in a more natural color though.

jack walker said:
I like the orange pocket worn. That should feel good in the hand.

Jan Carter said:

Jack,

I like the feel of this pattern in hand also.  Do we know yet what all the handle choices will be?

The best #48 pattern I've seen is the 1999 Case-Bose collaboration. #07 a pattern easy to carry has long blades for its size 3 5/8.. how is the fit and finish and blade centering? On Case 48 patterns?

Andy Larrison said:
Not only did I get to hold it, the knife in the pic is mine. I've also got an ebony handled SHOT show exclusive tribal lock on order.

I know the 48 you speak of, and she is a beauty indeed. I hope one day to have one for my collection. I'm very pleased with the centering on my '07's, and they all snap like gator's. the 048's I've noticed seem to vary in quality on the centering, I'm assuming this comes with the slim design and length of blade. The 048 pattern is what hooked me on Case collecting, the slim design and ease of pocket space spoke to me. I've only been collecting 3-4 years now and thoroughly enjoy it.

jack walker said:
The best #48 pattern I've seen is the 1999 Case-Bose collaboration. #07 a pattern easy to carry has long blades for its size 3 5/8.. how is the fit and finish and blade centering? On Case 48 patterns?

Andy Larrison said:

The 48 I mentioned is all stainless and is hard. Doesn't scratch. Bolsters never need polishing. The fit and finish is very good. I feel it is one of the best collaborations. The blades are long but easy to carry. The 07 is well made i agree and centering is good. Thanks for the information on the 48 centering.

Andy Larrison said:
I know the 48 you speak of, and she is a beauty indeed. I hope one day to have one for my collection. I'm very pleased with the centering on my '07's, and they all snap like gator's. the 048's I've noticed seem to vary in quality on the centering, I'm assuming this comes with the slim design and length of blade. The 048 pattern is what hooked me on Case collecting, the slim design and ease of pocket space spoke to me. I've only been collecting 3-4 years now and thoroughly enjoy it.

jack walker said:

Andy Larrison said:

New amber bone tribal lock mail call this week.

Thanks Andy. I ordered a harvest orange pocket worn. I got it and sent it back. The lock failed and the blade was off center and on the liner. Waiting for another one of the same. Almost didn't order another one, but it's such a nice pattern. Are the locks strong on yours? Hope it's not a design problem. Are the blades centered? Thanks.

Andy Larrison said:

New amber bone tribal lock mail call this week.

Blade centering isn't too awfully bad.  The main issue I'm seeing, along with others I've been chatting with, is the lock release is VERY stiff when trying to close the blade back up.  I've got a zebra wood tribal on it's way to my house, maybe have it by Wednesday this week.  I'll share a  picture when it comes in as well.

Thanks Andy. I should get another orange pocket worn by Friday. I hope it's OK. The lock was the biggest problem on the last one. Great pattern. Hoping for a good lockup.

Andy Larrison said:

Blade centering isn't too awfully bad.  The main issue I'm seeing, along with others I've been chatting with, is the lock release is VERY stiff when trying to close the blade back up.  I've got a zebra wood tribal on it's way to my house, maybe have it by Wednesday this week.  I'll share a  picture when it comes in as well.

Here's my latest, a Zebra Wood handle.  This is by far my favorite Tribal Lock thus far.  Blade is centered and the lock is working quite well on it so far.

Very nice. That is one of the nicest I've seen. My pocket worn orange should be here soon. Thanks for the review. I don't know how to post pictures yet. I might need help from Jan. I will try to send one when I get it. Now I might have to get the wood one too.

Andy Larrison said:

Here's my latest, a Zebra Wood handle.  This is by far my favorite Tribal Lock thus far.  Blade is centered and the lock is working quite well on it so far.

Great looking Zebra Wood Andy! Looks as good here as it does over there! LOL!

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

John Bamford left a comment for Joe chapman
1 hour ago
Steve Scheuerman (Manx) left a comment for Joe chapman
3 hours ago
Profile IconJoe chapman, Shruby0 and Nathan joined iKnife Collector
3 hours ago
Andy Larrison left a comment for Nathan
3 hours ago
Andy Larrison left a comment for Shruby0
3 hours ago
Billy Oneale left a comment for Shruby0
4 hours ago
Jim Liles left a comment for Jan Carter
9 hours ago
Jim Liles left a comment for Steve Scheuerman (Manx)
9 hours ago
Charles Sample left a comment for Nathan
15 hours ago
Steve Scheuerman (Manx) left a comment for Shruby0
15 hours ago
Billy Oneale left a comment for Nathan
18 hours ago
Steve Scheuerman (Manx) replied to Rick Perry's discussion New to the Forum
20 hours ago
D ale left a comment for Nathan
21 hours ago
Steve Scheuerman (Manx) left a comment for Nathan