Welcome Home
Whenever I'm deciding which of my EDC blades to take with me for the day I always have a hard time choosing. I always end up carrying more than one, Five to be exact. Does anyone else have a hard time deciding which knife to carry so you end up taking more than one? If so which two do you have the most trouble with deciding on?

Views: 2774

Replies to This Discussion

I typically carry a locking folder( except for work where 'sheeple' mentality prevails thus necessitating the switch to my Spyderco Urban); a traditional slip joint and a multi tool. Additionally I add a lighter,flashlight,pen and handkerchief. My Benchmade Mini-Barrage is my favourite locking folder( it is light weight, strong and performs flawlessly. The 2.91in blade is legal everywhere and I like CM154 best for its edge retention and ease of sharpening). I vary my traditional choice based on my activities planned (pictured is my 2016 IKC club knife in Yellow Birch). My multi tool ,like my locking blade choice is fairly constant day-to-day and is the Victorinox Swiss-Champ( my choice for the 'One-knife' in a Lord of the Rings 'One Ring' sort of way). If allowed just one knife,this SAK would be my EDC choice. I carry it in a belt case which has a pen loop for my Fisher Space Pen(thus completing my EDC Nerd-Ready 'do-it-all-on-the-trail-or-at-the-mall' carry).
Attachments:
Jeremy, I wrote my EDC favourites below before noticing we share the same opinion for the Benchmade 585 Mini Barrage,what are great blade,no?!

Jeremy B. Buchanan said:

For a while I used to rotate my EDC knives. Now that I have discovered my favorites, I carry the same two everyday (or almost everyday). My Benchmade 585 Mini Barrage and my Leatherman Skeletool CX. Between the two of them, there are very few tasks I can do. I do like to carry my Jackal, from Greg Dash, but I don't want to hurt that one, so it is carried on special occasions. 

As I stated earlier on this thread, my EDC changes on a daily basis, (depending on how many pockets I have). I always have a belt sheath on each hip, and when I wear pants with cargo pockets I may have as many as 5 knives on me.

Today was a three knife day: a 1970's Craftsman #95232 4" folding hunter on the right, (traditional lock blade), a 4" Case Seahorse Whittler on the left side. In the pocket was a 1960's Robeson Barlow. For safety and/or defense, no matter how many I carry, at least one is always a lock blade.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Featured
Craig Henry posted photos
1 hour ago

Featured
Craig Henry posted photos
1 hour ago

Featured
Craig Henry posted a photo
1 hour ago

Featured
Craig Henry replied to Craig Henry's discussion 33 Pattern in the group Case Fans
1 hour ago

Featured
Craig Henry replied to Craig Henry's discussion Case Seahorse in the group Case Fans
1 hour ago

Featured
Craig Henry replied to Craig Henry's discussion Case Sowbelly in the group Case Fans
1 hour ago
Jan Carter posted a status
"Good Night and God Bless"
5 hours ago
Jan Carter left a comment for Ellis H. Roberson
5 hours ago

Featured
Charles Sample left a comment for David Woodruff
7 hours ago
Billy Oneale left a comment for David Woodruff
7 hours ago
Carl Bradshaw replied to Jan Carter's discussion Just a notice in the group Queen Cutlery & Friends
8 hours ago

KnifeMaker
CaseGuy replied to CaseGuy's discussion Family heirloom
10 hours ago
Jan Carter replied to Jan Carter's discussion Just a notice in the group Queen Cutlery & Friends
10 hours ago
Jan Carter replied to CaseGuy's discussion Family heirloom
10 hours ago
Jan Carter left a comment for Pauline Spear
10 hours ago
Jan Carter left a comment for CaseGuy
10 hours ago

Reed Cutlery Company

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

gear2survive !

KNIFE AUCTIONS

Now Available