Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Lately, I've been thinking about my obsession with my knives.  Could be as I'm getting older, my thoughts have changed, I'm not sure.

I've always liked knives.  When I was younger, I'd buy a knife and simply drop it in my pocket and think nothing of it.  It was a tool to use.  If I came across another that I liked I'd repeat the process.

Something changed when I picked up my first CASE Seahorse Whittler.  It went into my pocket, as usual, but I felt that I needed a spare.   So, I got another, but with different scales.  Now I had my user and a spare and rationalized that I may need an extra, just in case...

This seems to be the start of my obsession, not just with Seahorses, but with knives in general.

It's getting to the point that I can't buy just one knife, I've got to buy 2.  Case in point; I picked up a SOG Twitch II, at the PCC show.  Now I'm looking on eBay for another?   I picked up a Swiss Army knife, now I've got several boxes.

Pocket Ulus, don't even ask...

I'm worrying now about the Stockmans that I've started picking up lately, as these seem to be calling to me now.

I'm certain that psychologists have a word for this.  I'm fairly certain that if you looked it up my picture would be there.

Am I alone with this condition?

Why can I no longer be content with "one"?

Views: 411

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, J.J. What can I say??  It's a sickness as we both know with no none cure. If I like a knife, I'll go after it and get it. I'm more of a sheath knife guy but do have both..You just hang in there.. Take 2 aspirins and go to bed. maybe the urge will subside. LOL.. 

Doctor says no to aspirin.  Had a scare about my kidney function, last year.

Tylenol for me.

Ellis H. Roberson said:

Hey, J.J. What can I say??  It's a sickness as we both know with no none cure. If I like a knife, I'll go after it and get it. I'm more of a sheath knife guy but do have both..You just hang in there.. Take 2 aspirins and go to bed. maybe the urge will subside. LOL.. 

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service