Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I have an end result in mind - started this weekend (with heart in mouth) 

Views: 691

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

What's the plan ???
I checked off from my bucket list by getting a double action Buck 110 last year.

!!! .. Big Smile .. !!!

What are your plans for this one ???

eep!  That's a scary sight.  Hope things work out...

"What are your plans for this one ???"  

I have liked the Tony Bose "Lanny's Clip" design since I first spotted it.

As a custom knife is way out of my (Beer Budget) league and even the Case/Bose version is fetching big big dollars on the secondary market.

Noting that the 112 Buck blade is 'similar' to the Lanny's I am going to try to make my own version.  A few points/disclaimers ...  All of the Lanny's I have seen on line are flat ground the Buck is Hollow ground ... the Buck is a lock back the Lanny is not ... so my version will be a 'tad' out of proportion with the lock back spring at the butt end.

(Sometimes you have to get up on the high board and just dive on in)

Moving slowly in the right direction ...

Not getting a lot of 'Shed-Time' of late but slowly progressing this project... (Photos are all reduced file size)

You'll end up with a very high quality custom knife when you're done, Derek.  

Both a strong workhorse .. given the Buck 110 starting point ...and... an extremely attractive "custom folder" .. that wood is sweet.

!! . Very nice . !!

Derek Wells said:

Not getting a lot of 'Shed-Time' of late but slowly progressing this project... (Photos are all reduced file size)

Derek,

This is starting to be pretty impressive!  Diving off the high board has done you well

Managed to put the lawn mowing off for "another day"

Sometimes 'stuff' just takes over (Life - earning a $) and getting back on track with projects can take time BUT ... I finally got there!!

Obviously using the same components means the knives are roughly the same length but the modded version is much slimmer.

Very happy with how this turned out and the things I learnt along the way .... 

!!! .. VERY SWEET .. !!!

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service