WELCOME HOME !

My son picked up this Barlow last weekend and said I could clean it up for him.  So, here are some progressive photos from my work thus far.  Starting on the far left, this is the way it appeared when he bought it, and I've since made a couple of rounds sanding the bolsters and blades and cleaning the handles off.   

Views: 34

Replies to This Discussion

I see huge improvements already, and clearly you're still busy on it. Nice work

You guys all know what I'm thinking when I see those broken tips LOL .........what a prime candidate for tip replacement!  How old do you figure this knife is?  I'm a fan of Barlows and Sodbusters, personally, as these knives tend to be the hardest working of the pocket knife world.  If they could talk they could tell so many stories. 

I see a re profile in your future LOL. No kidding, the knife is starting to look great. The scales and bolster have cleaned up very well!

Of course Andy J - I thought of you, tip replacement and laser welding was exactly what I was thinking!

Andy J, this knife is from the 1920-1940 time frame. This is my sons knife, not sure if he'd want to do the laser weld or not.

Jan Carter said:

I see a re profile in your future LOL. No kidding, the knife is starting to look great. The scales and bolster have cleaned up very well!

I see a wharnie mod too, along with a nice detail blade.

Ahhh, my favorite time period ! 

Andy Larrison said:

Andy J, this knife is from the 1920-1940 time frame. This is my sons knife, not sure if he'd want to do the laser weld or not.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Charles Sample replied to Craig Henry's discussion 33 Pattern in the group Case Fans
27 minutes ago
Craig Henry posted photos
53 minutes ago
Craig Henry posted a photo
54 minutes ago
Craig Henry replied to Craig Henry's discussion 33 Pattern in the group Case Fans
56 minutes ago
Craig Henry replied to Craig Henry's discussion Case 75 Pattern in the group Case Fans
1 hour ago
Craig Henry replied to jack walker's discussion Tribal lock in the group Case Fans
1 hour ago
Syd Carr replied to CaptJeff Saylor's discussion Pictures!!!(AKA The Stockman Pattern Picture Hall of Fame!") in the group STOCKMAN PATTERN GROUP
1 hour ago
Charles Sample replied to CaptJeff Saylor's discussion Pictures!!!(AKA The Stockman Pattern Picture Hall of Fame!") in the group STOCKMAN PATTERN GROUP
1 hour ago
J.J. Smith III replied to Tobias Gibson's discussion Rough Riders and other SMKW House Brands in the group Rough Rider Collector's
1 hour ago
Syd Carr replied to Tobias Gibson's discussion Rough Riders and other SMKW House Brands in the group Rough Rider Collector's
3 hours ago
Syd Carr replied to Tobias Gibson's discussion Rough Riders and other SMKW House Brands in the group Rough Rider Collector's
3 hours ago
Charles Sample replied to Tobias Gibson's discussion Rough Riders and other SMKW House Brands in the group Rough Rider Collector's
3 hours ago
Charles Sample replied to Tobias Gibson's discussion Rough Riders and other SMKW House Brands in the group Rough Rider Collector's
3 hours ago
Charles Sample replied to J.T. [HELLZZARMY]'s discussion Types of fixed blade knives you have or like... in the group Fixed Blade Club
3 hours ago
D ale replied to D ale's discussion Straight Knife Build in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
4 hours ago
D ale replied to D ale's discussion Straight Knife Build in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
4 hours ago

Reed Cutlery Company

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

Now Available

JSR Sports!

© 2017   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service