WELCOME HOME !

I have recently had an interest in learning about the equipment needed for surviving in a Bug Out situation. In learning the proper tools and equipment to have, I have also started backpacking and tent camping some. More recently, I started having an interest in bushcraft. What I have found is, there are a lot of similar tools required in each of these, especially having a decent knife. I would love to hear what any of you think about the mix of these different activities. I am still learning and having fun as I do so. I got several items for Christmas that will be used in a combination of these activities. Here are the items I got.

Views: 460

Replies to This Discussion

What is the advantage of the C shape?

It is very easy to hold and feels comfortable in the hand, when striking the flint/chert. 

I know I just got my first flint and steel striker recently, but I have been wanting a kit that a friend sells, for a while now. This kit has one in it. The kit showed up yesterday and I am very happy with it. For starters, the kit comes with a nice canvas bag which is meant for gathering fire tinder. It came full of some awesome tinder that is not readily available in my area. It also came with a laser cut, dragon shaped, fire steel and large piece of chert for striking. As a surprise, a nice kuksa (wooden cup) and some chaga (fungus that grows on trees and is good for making an antioxidant tea). I am anxious to get out try all of the items out, in the woods.

More gear arrived yesterday. Now I just need to get out and use all of this new stuff. Hopefully that will happen soon, as it is starting to look like spring is on it's way.

This is my new cooking kit.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Craig M. Bozorth commented on Craig M. Bozorth's photo
43 minutes ago

KnifeMaker
Doug Ritter posted a discussion
2 hours ago
Wally Guittard joined Sunil Ram's group
10 hours ago
Jan Carter posted a status
"a long and fantastic weekend, see you tomorrow. Good Night and God Bless iKC"
14 hours ago
Wally Guittard posted discussions
15 hours ago
Jan Carter replied to Jan Carter's discussion What if you could make a knife at your knife show?
15 hours ago
Leo Lantz replied to Wally Guittard's discussion Just a few pictures
15 hours ago
Leo Lantz replied to Don Schriver's discussion Queen/Schatt & Morgan Large Coke Bottle in the group Queen Cutlery & Friends
15 hours ago
Leo Lantz replied to Jan Carter's discussion What do knife shows add to our community???
15 hours ago
Leo Lantz replied to Jan Carter's discussion What if you could make a knife at your knife show?
15 hours ago
Leo Lantz replied to Jan Carter's discussion What if you could make a knife at your knife show?
15 hours ago
Leo Lantz replied to Andy King's discussion Interesting
15 hours ago
Jason Dieter commented on Craig M. Bozorth's photo
16 hours ago
Jason Dieter commented on Craig M. Bozorth's photo
16 hours ago
Ron Cooper commented on David Joseph Steier's photo
19 hours ago
David Joseph Steier commented on David Joseph Steier's photo
20 hours ago

Reed Cutlery Company