/>

WELCOME HOME !

Lots of things to do in the spring, one is knowing when to plant and when to wait.

May 10th is my last frost date, passed down from my grandmother. She said you plant something 

that comes up before then, you will be covering it up!  Pop he said oh just use the almanac to plant and

weed and you will be okay.

This year I started the lettuce early. We had a spell of hot weather and that is all 

I needed for good germination.

Such fun it is to grow your own veggies and so Healthy for you too.

Hope everyone joins me in Gardening this year and post their pictures of veggies and flowers and such.

Lettuce is 4  days old, the cages is to keep my dog from digging...lol

Lettuce is up , black seeded simpson, salad mix and crunch

Violets blooming, going to try them in salad tomorrow.

Replenished and cleaned up MY BEACH.......

Views: 917

Replies to This Discussion

Looks so calm there in the spring florals

Jan Carter said:

We too have had a very dry year Sue.  Today is the first tomatoes I have had to buy but still have a few smaller green ones hanging on.  The pumpkins did not make it :(

On a good note, the daylillies are in the ground and the mums as well.  Come Thanksgiving I will put the Tulip bulbs in.  Spring should bring a good amount of color

So what type of garden do you grow to sustain your family if the grocery store goes away?  I listened to a broadcast that I thought was real interesting.

Gardening

Jumping right in to gardening we talk about the basics first. How much land does a person need to grow food for the year? What kind of seeds should you be buying? Is there a right and wrong way to store you seeds? How much water, sun, and fertilizer do you need? What crops could you be growing as cash crops for bartering?Those are just a few questions you’ve probably been thinking about.

From there Forrest and Kyle discuss gardening techniques for growing a small, but high yield garden for those struggling with space. Those with small yards, apartments, and town homes definitely encouraged to listen. We’ll also be covering “companion gardening.” Growing certain plants together will help them have a higher yield.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Jan Carter replied to jerry marr's discussion Any help on what I have here?? in the group Vintage American Knives
32 minutes ago
Steve Riordan commented on Steve Riordan's status
1 hour ago
Paul S commented on Mark Gibbs's photo
1 hour ago
Jim Thompson left a comment for jerry marr
4 hours ago
Paul S commented on Steve Riordan's photo
5 hours ago
Syd Carr replied to jerry marr's discussion Any help on what I have here?? in the group Vintage American Knives
8 hours ago
jerry marr replied to jerry marr's discussion Any help on what I have here?? in the group Vintage American Knives
9 hours ago
jerry marr added a discussion to the group Vintage American Knives
9 hours ago
jerry marr joined Scott King's group
9 hours ago
jerry marr left a comment for jerry marr
9 hours ago
Steve Riordan posted a status
"Queen Cutlery is now Making Schatt & Morgan and Tuna Valley!"
11 hours ago
Steve Riordan posted a status
"I Just Ordered a Tuna Valley Mammoth Ivory Whittler Today! Brand New Mint in Tube with COA and Papers! Sweet Knife, Was their Last one!"
11 hours ago
Steve Riordan posted photos
12 hours ago
Steve Scheuerman (Manx) left a comment for Steve Riordan
12 hours ago
Steve A. Daniels left a comment for Capt Paul S
13 hours ago
D ale commented on Paul S's photo
16 hours ago

Reed Cutlery Company

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

click to visit