WELCOME HOME !

I have posted pictures of this knife in the Fish Knife group but thought it ought to be in the Queen group also.  It was 1 of 70 made by Queen Cutlery Co. in 2005 for the Chattahoochee Cutlery Club.  

The handles are bone.  But not just any bone.  I sent David Clark, the Queen historian an email asking about the knife.  Here is his reply.

"The handles are bone - Winterbottom bone from the Winterbottom Bone factory of Egg Harbor, NJ. The bone was from c1958 and had been in storage but was found and used on several pattern in the 2005 time frame.

Views: 108

Replies to This Discussion

Nice!

That's great. Gotta love old time Winterbottom bone that Queen used.

Great knife,Charles.I really like that Winterbottom bone for scales!

That`s a beautiful knife! I love that winterbottom. Truly special. I came across one the other day if you ever want another.

Great knife!!

Thanks Don.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Syd Carr commented on Syd Carr's blog post Buck 300 Series "Special Factory Order" Family Portrait
17 minutes ago
J.J. Smith III replied to D ale's discussion Straight Knife Build in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
2 hours ago
Ed Johnson updated their profile
2 hours ago
D ale replied to D ale's discussion Straight Knife Build in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
3 hours ago
Rick Propas commented on Dennis Hibar's blog post Custom Knives by Alan Davis
4 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Andy Larrison's photo
6 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Syd Carr's blog post Buck 300 Series "Special Factory Order" Family Portrait
6 hours ago
Billy Oneale left a comment for William Scott
6 hours ago
John Bamford commented on Jan Carter's status
10 hours ago
John Bamford left a comment for Patrick Mallett
10 hours ago
John Bamford left a comment for William Scott
10 hours ago
J.J. Smith III left a comment for William Scott
12 hours ago
D ale left a comment for William Scott
12 hours ago
Steve Scheuerman (Manx) left a comment for William Scott
12 hours ago
Profile IconWilliam Scott and Patrick Mallett joined iKnife Collector
12 hours ago
Paul S posted a status
"MY PAGE then search is in the UPPER RIGHT CORNER on top thin white strip that rolls with mouse....using a desk top computers""
16 hours ago

Reed Cutlery Company

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

Now Available

JSR Sports!

© 2017   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service