Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

The Executive Series (1998) and later identical Paladin Series (2002-3) are not the most impressive knives Queen has produced IMO.    Here is the  link:  http://www.queencutlery.com/uploads/Executive__Paladin_Series__1980...  The patterned brass is thin and the edges sharp. They feel skimpy/cheap.  I do not think they sold well at all, and you do not see them often -- maybe "rare but not especially desirable."

However, last week at a small local show, I picked up a special order 8445 produced in small numbers for the Pennsylvania Gun Collectors Association in 1998.  Serialized on the blade, this one is #22, The blade is etched on both sides, with the dates '48-'98 -  the 50th anniversary of the group (? probably).  The knife is in a very fancy metal-edged green "velvet" box, with a brass pinned shield on the right ( Looks like the ones used on big rawhide Paul Reveres, but it could be used as a very nice tie tac  (for those who remember sticking pins through their neckties)..I paid $30 for it so it has not appreciated much, but I like it as one more unusual SFO from Queen -unlike my last experience ("tricked") I am confident this is certainly NOT a "frankenmesser" .

Views: 299

Replies to This Discussion

Nice Dan! maybe "rare but not especially desirable.  For some collectors that is what makes them desirable!

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service