WELCOME HOME !

Im new to the knife collecting world Found these at an estate sale is there a dead set way to tell if there real ill post some pictures below the great out doors set from 1979 these are what i found thabk you for looking any information about them would be great thank you

Tags: schrade, scrimshaw

Views: 653

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a Scrimshaw Trapper I found on New Years Eve at an antique store....I snatched it up right quick...  They also had a folding hunter with the 2 bison on it, but the blade had some sever pitting on it so I didn't get that one.

These are incredible looking!

Doug Webber said:

Here is a set of the Schrade I*XL Wostenholm Scrimshaws in white bone.

Andy you did real well with the trapper.  The Schrade scrimshaws are one of the nicest in the industry.  There were just enough made to keep them collectible but not so few that they became astronomically priced.  Another one of the appeals is that they did not stick to making the entire series out of trapper patterns.  That is a balance few companies ever find.  It worked for Schrade so they kept doing them !

Thanks Jan, I knew as soon as I saw it I had to have it....and the price couldn't be beat.  I'm still debating on the folding hunter I saw, just didn't like the price for the condition.

Jan Carter said:

Andy you did real well with the trapper.  The Schrade scrimshaws are one of the nicest in the industry.  There were just enough made to keep them collectible but not so few that they became astronomically priced.  Another one of the appeals is that they did not stick to making the entire series out of trapper patterns.  That is a balance few companies ever find.  It worked for Schrade so they kept doing them !

A great knife Andy! The Schrade scrimshaws are the mainstay of my collection. I love them all!

WOW great set of knives beautiful

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

KnifeMaker
steve @ colonial knife posted a status
"Cast members from Naked And Afraid, they have used the CE-400 Bush-craft on the show"
27 minutes ago

KnifeMaker
steve @ colonial knife posted a status
"Blade Show Booth 1138 hope you all will come by and say hello, joining me in the booth will be Abe Alias, Jane Collins, cast members of the"
33 minutes ago
Jeremy B. Buchanan replied to Tobias Gibson's discussion In what direction is your knife collection expanding?
55 minutes ago
Jan Carter replied to Tobias Gibson's discussion In what direction is your knife collection expanding?
1 hour ago
Jeremy B. Buchanan replied to Tobias Gibson's discussion In what direction is your knife collection expanding?
1 hour ago
Billy Oneale left a comment for Varma Penmetsha
1 hour ago
J.J. Smith III replied to Jan Carter's discussion iKC sponsors and members at Blade - be sure to stop and say HI
6 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Steve Davis replied to Jan Carter's discussion iKC sponsors and members at Blade - be sure to stop and say HI
11 hours ago
Steve Scheuerman (Manx) left a comment for Brad T.
12 hours ago
Steve Scheuerman (Manx) left a comment for Robert James
12 hours ago
Norm Allen replied to Norm Allen's discussion Help Identify these marks, tang stamps
13 hours ago
Jan Carter left a comment for Brad T.
13 hours ago
Jan Carter left a comment for Varma Penmetsha
13 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Greg Riggs updated their profile
19 hours ago
Craig Henry commented on Craig Henry's photo
20 hours ago

Reed Cutlery Company

Visit Lee' s Cutlery