Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hi.

I have been reviewing and documenting my collectables for the last few days. (What a ton of fun.) While looking over 1 of my Schrades from the Heritage Series, I got a surprise. I noticed something like a strike through on the tang stamp, and then I noticed that the scales were different colours. The front is brown and the back is green.

Could it be that this knife was a salesman's sample?

Front side:  https://goo.gl/Yyx188

Back side:  https://goo.gl/c4RCqg

Thanks, Brian

Views: 742

Replies to This Discussion

Rick

I couldn't agree more! I grew up with Schrade. It was "the working man's knife" Affordable and built to last a lifetime.

Alright .. I'll bite.

What's the flaw, John ?

Is it possible .. a mismatch between the turkey embossing tool & the scale material .. resulting in one of the turkeys missing a head, another its back, & tail feathers of the 3rd ?

John Kellogg said:

Here is a Schrade scrimshaw with the tang stamp ground off. Can you see the flaw? There actually is a flaw on this one but its hard to see. The flaw does not affect the function of the knife.

They were! But I notice in my last post, my" brade" (blade) was unreliable!

John Kellogg said:

Rick

I couldn't agree more! I grew up with Schrade. It was "the working man's knife" Affordable and built to last a lifetime.

D ale said:

Alright .. I'll bite.

What's the flaw, John ?

Is it possible .. a mismatch between the turkey embossing tool & the scale material .. resulting in one of the turkeys missing a head, another its back, & tail feathers of the 3rd ?

John Kellogg said:

Here is a Schrade scrimshaw with the tang stamp ground off. Can you see the flaw? There actually is a flaw on this one but its hard to see. The flaw does not affect the function of the knife.

You Got it D ale!

John Kellogg said:

D ale said:

Alright .. I'll bite.

What's the flaw, John ?

John Kellogg said:

Oooh, geez .. the knife will never cut anything that way.

:)

Truly cosmetic only. Great deal on a good pocket knife !!

John Kellogg said:

You Got it D ale!

LOL, misshapen turkeys!  The ground off tang is interesting.  I did not realize so many mathods were used to denote "not first production" for Schrade

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service