Welcome Home

Hi.

I have been reviewing and documenting my collectables for the last few days. (What a ton of fun.) While looking over 1 of my Schrades from the Heritage Series, I got a surprise. I noticed something like a strike through on the tang stamp, and then I noticed that the scales were different colours. The front is brown and the back is green.

Could it be that this knife was a salesman's sample?

Front side:  https://goo.gl/Yyx188

Back side:  https://goo.gl/c4RCqg

Thanks, Brian

Views: 196

Replies to This Discussion

Rick

I couldn't agree more! I grew up with Schrade. It was "the working man's knife" Affordable and built to last a lifetime.

Alright .. I'll bite.

What's the flaw, John ?

Is it possible .. a mismatch between the turkey embossing tool & the scale material .. resulting in one of the turkeys missing a head, another its back, & tail feathers of the 3rd ?

John Kellogg said:

Here is a Schrade scrimshaw with the tang stamp ground off. Can you see the flaw? There actually is a flaw on this one but its hard to see. The flaw does not affect the function of the knife.

They were! But I notice in my last post, my" brade" (blade) was unreliable!

John Kellogg said:

Rick

I couldn't agree more! I grew up with Schrade. It was "the working man's knife" Affordable and built to last a lifetime.

D ale said:

Alright .. I'll bite.

What's the flaw, John ?

Is it possible .. a mismatch between the turkey embossing tool & the scale material .. resulting in one of the turkeys missing a head, another its back, & tail feathers of the 3rd ?

John Kellogg said:

Here is a Schrade scrimshaw with the tang stamp ground off. Can you see the flaw? There actually is a flaw on this one but its hard to see. The flaw does not affect the function of the knife.

You Got it D ale!

John Kellogg said:

D ale said:

Alright .. I'll bite.

What's the flaw, John ?

John Kellogg said:

Oooh, geez .. the knife will never cut anything that way.

:)

Truly cosmetic only. Great deal on a good pocket knife !!

John Kellogg said:

You Got it D ale!

LOL, misshapen turkeys!  The ground off tang is interesting.  I did not realize so many mathods were used to denote "not first production" for Schrade

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

John Burton replied to John Burton's discussion Show Us a Buck Knife photo in the group BUCK KNIVES GROUP
22 minutes ago
Syd Carr replied to John Burton's discussion Show Us a Buck Knife photo in the group BUCK KNIVES GROUP
43 minutes ago

Featured
Steve Riordan posted a status
"Early 1920's Golden Rule ( I think ) 2 Lovely Scantly Dressed Ladies, On a Gents Coke Bottle Knife! No Tang Stamps"
1 hour ago

Featured
Steve Riordan posted photos
1 hour ago
J.J. Smith III left a comment for Ellis H. Roberson
1 hour ago
J.J. Smith III left a comment for Ellis H. Roberson
1 hour ago
Syd Carr replied to John Burton's discussion Show Us a Buck Knife photo in the group BUCK KNIVES GROUP
2 hours ago
Ricky Ray commented on Michael D Sabol's group Boker Fans
3 hours ago
Ellis H. Roberson left a comment for J.J. Smith III
4 hours ago
6 hours ago
Nick A posted a discussion
11 hours ago
Jan Carter posted a status
"good morning iKC"
11 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Craig Henry's photo
13 hours ago

Featured
Craig Henry posted photos
18 hours ago

Featured
Craig Henry replied to Craig Henry's discussion Case 046 - Humpback in the group Case Fans
18 hours ago

Featured
Craig Henry replied to Craig Henry's discussion Case Seahorse in the group Case Fans
18 hours ago

Reed Cutlery Company

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

gear2survive !

KNIFE AUCTIONS

Now Available

KNIFE NEWS!!!

Click to view more

JSR Sports!

NEW

© 2018   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service