Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I dont seem to take a tour every year, shame on me.  This year while I was able to, Donnie was not.  He spent a lot of his time on the front porch greeting and chatting and taking care of Casey Dog.

While on the tour, I wrote as fast as I could and thought i would take you all with me (as best I can)

The first stop on the tour is set up. Although you dont get to go down on the floor where Ms. Betty is setting up bolsters and the first pieces of the frame,you do get to see the operation from the top floor looking down.  One of the portions I like is that they have a set up for every station you can not get to live.  So for the first stop we see our tour guide and his crew and the set up for the making of a Great Eastern Cutlery knife.

As you can see from the parts, stop one has 4 presses.  The first one is the Brass Press and then the Tommy Press sets the bolsters, then a trim press removes the excess material and the mark press marks the spot for pinning.  The bolsters are 752 nickle silver heated with oxy acetylene.  The pin is actually a part of the bolster, not welded on.  GEC manufactures their own parts for this 

Views: 277

Replies to This Discussion

Will O,

Thanks for that clarification.  I truly appreciate it

Okay, that's what I thought, but you never know knowadays! Thanks!!

Will O said:

What this means is that there is a small nub on the back of the bolster when it is formed. This nub is used to hold the bolster to the scale. This is not the pivot pin. 

Craig Henry said:

"The pin is actually a part of the bolster, not welded on."

The pivot pin?! If so,  I'd like to have more information about this/ more detail about the construction process. 

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service