Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

My Baby Girl has a birthday coming up Sunday  - 30yo – Where Oh Where did all those years go!!!  (I started Young.)

I wanted to make her something she could hang onto and remember her dear old dad by when I am gone. This actually started out from a comment by her when she saw the progress on another knife  I was making and said … “you should make me one.”

Made from scarp leaf spring steel, 7 ¾ overall, blade 3 3/4 , Approx 1/8th at the spine. Brass pins and lanyard hole.  Sanded to 1500, Heat treated at home. And it must have worked because the engraver said he had to make about 15 passes with his machine to get her initials onto it.

The Box is a repurposed Sony Microphone box that my lovely lady lined with felt for me. So it has been a true joint effort.

Considering 6 months ago I had never made anything a reasonable person would refer to as a ‘knife’ I am pretty happy with this.

Views: 358

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome gift, Derek.

She'll love it.

Nice job,a wonderful keepsake

You obviously nailed it, Dude ..&.. that's what we Dads do these things for. That smile .. makes every effort / time / work involved worth it. You've a happy girl there !!

Derek Wells said:

Apparently I am the "Best Dad In the World" ;-)  She was so SO Happy with it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service