Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

As we say goodbye to 2013 and it begins its final week, I can’t help but think of all that happened in our world

TSA “almost” allowed knives back on planes

A magistrate judge has been assigned to begin discovery from the City and DA Vance in NYC knife laws, and the fight continues

Boston proposed a new license for selling knives over 2 inches

Indiana, Missouri, Texas, Alaska, Tennessee all repealed the antiquated switchblade laws

In News outside of the knife world

A bombing in Boston

A New Pope

A Royal birth

Snow fell on Egypt

Some things we may not have heard about

Marine Lance Cpl. Myles was just "doing the right thing" when he dropped back in a 5k race to run with a boy who had become separated from his group.

For the first time in 26 years Baby Giant Panda TWINS were born in the US

Here on iKC

We lost some friends that passed too soon, even those not unexpected saddened us

We watched over and prayed as friends said good bye to family and loved ones

We met many new friends, saw new knives and celebrated Birthdays, Anniversaries and the births of many including Henry Hanner

For us personally it was a year of joy, loss and iKC.  This is my place to unwind, to meet my friends around the world for coffee in the morning and talk of knives.  It is where I come after work to catch up, see who got a new knife and who added what to their wish list.  I have learned more here than any single place I can think of.  Thank you for being a part of this journey with us, for inviting us into your homes and lives.

Jan

Tags: 2013, goodbye

Views: 308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jan, I enjoyed this site immensely during 2013 and am looking forward another wonderful year in 2014.  Thank you for providing this venue.  This is the best site on the internet!

Speechless - What a joy to be part of IKC

I too appreciate this site and those who visit. I am glad to be a part of it. 

My wishes to a healthy and enjoyable 2014!!

Jan, I stumbled acrooss this site back in October or late September asking about a Remington knife of my brothers I did not know much about.Things just kind of snowballed from there.You and others have built such a warm, inviting community that now this is the ONE place I check before leaving for work, and the first place I check when I get home.(plus, multiple times during work via my email on my phone).This has become by far my favorite place to be on the web. I have made so many wonderful friends from all over the globe and have learned so much, and perhaps, imparted a little knowledge, myself.. I  just want to thank you,Steve,Tobias, JJ, Manx, and all the others that make my home away from home possible.

Well,..

Christmas, just 2 days gone, seems like a fading memory. 

Perhaps it was the "short" season, this year, or it could ne the placement within the week, I don't know, but everyone looks to be racing headlong into 2014.  

I'm blessed to have a place to go, like iKC,  where we can share our accomplishments as well as setbacks with friends.  I'm always happy to be able to return here and regain my perspective and unwind a bit. 

Looking forward to what lies ahead here at iKC.

our place in this world has been set already,i was here not by luck but but fate,i was meant to be here,and so were you!

Ups and downs for everyone, some of us worse than others...ins and outs. We laughed, we cried...but what it all boils down to, is we are still here, and ready to do it all over again, and try to make things just that little bit better. The important thing is, and I do hope no one forgets it, no matter your ups and downs...we are all here to support you! No matter if it's home, work, family or whatever, there will always be the folks here. And I for one will say...I am so glad they are here! Besides having folks around to share the good news with, having you folks here helped me make it through some tough times indeed this year, and I hope I can repay that favour at some point.

I am immesurably proud to be a part of this incredible community and to do what little I can to help out...to be there when someone needs a shoulder...to laugh with someone who needs to share some good news...to offer some moral support when someone needs it. I consider it an honour just to be a part of this all! And while we say goodbye to 2013 and usher in the New Year, I hope it will bring us new joys, new members and yes...new knives!!

So, Happy New Year to all! I hope it brings you all at least what you need, if not what you want! Be safe, have fun, and I wish you all the very best in the upcoming year!

For many reasons I'm glad to see 2013 go. But, many times the people in the knife world kept me going. 

I want to thank everyone for being here. And I look forward to another year with my knife buddies!

2013 will be remembered as the year I discovered iKC! A great place with even greater people. I've been fortunate to meet Miss Sue and Ken and look forward to meeting them again and more in 2014. Going to try to plan a visit to SMKW for one of the big events where this will be possible. I've made some good friends here and learned so much in such a short period of time.

As we enter the new year may we remember the good times from this year. My we bring positive experiences with us into 2014. May we always remember and never forget those things and ones we hold special. And my iKC reach new heights and more people in the coming year. God bless all of you and thank you for being my friends! I love you each and everyone!

Well 2013 was a long year for me broken arm now problems with the hand from the break and my foot problems but all in all it was a good year lots of new friends met friends on here can't wait to meet more. Got lots of new knives family in good health. Life is good

Its been a very good year. One of the highlights for me was finding IKC. I feel close to so many here and have made so many great friends. I think this is the best forum on the net. For sure the friendliest and most personal. We have had good health in our family. Everyone is working - except us old retired ones. We are upset over the attempts to take our freedoms away by our fraudulent government. But it hasn't affected us personally as yet.

IKC has become a great hobby for me and has increased my love for knives. It is for me to, a place to unwind and meet my knife friends. 2014 so far, promises to be a great year. God Bless you all.

It's been a good year for the American Knife Industry as we watched the Daniels family invest in a classic American knife maker - Queen Cutlery - and as they worked to elevate the quality of production there - I give them kudos for their vision and commitment to the industry - we could use a few more families like the Daniels to pump life into what had been a dying craft here in America.  For my company we have spent a good year growing as well and learning more about our small corner of the world. And we at droppointhunter.com applaud the efforts of iKnifeCollector to keep the fires burning for knife lovers, and give them a place to come to where they can comfortably chat about this love and meet other like minded friends!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service