Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I recently acquired a 1st gen Brend combat folder (ser # 08xx) for quite a bit less than a song. Took it to Benchmade where they replaced the main screw & sharpened it. When discussing it with company rep Nolan, he said it was in "good" condition & said the value was about 500-600, but had never seen this model.

There are only two threads on the internet about this blade one where it is being offered for sale at 200 in 2007 & one where they discuss the value in 2009. There is a third one that was a sale on ebay but it was pulled, I think, due to the Stars & Bars logo on the side.

So whats it worth, or being so rare, its not really collectible?

Views: 415

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So I guess that answers my question not one reply in 7 days. I even emailed Walter Brend in AZ, no response.

I wasn't seeking a value to sell, as I said I acquired this blade for less than a song ($4.00) & also the serial # is the same as the destroyer I served on.

Well Ken, first off, many of the folks here are much more knowledgeable about the more "traditional" styles of knives. Our resident Benchmade expert is in the midst of some serious health issues and has been unable to be with us for a while. Also, you might want to retake your pictures as they seem pretty out of focus and it's tough to judge condition based on those. The condition of the knife will be a major factor in its worth. Scratches, nicks in the blade, resharpening, bad sharpening, chips in the scales, rub marks, grinder marks, box and paperwork...these are all things that will seriously affect the resale or collector value.

I would say that if you like it, and it has some connection to you (serial number) then it has value to you, and that;s all that really matters. A Benchmade for $4 is always a good deal in my eyes. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service