Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

2015 was a good year. I added a lot of good knives to my Schrade collection. I was introduced to knives from Queen Cutlery and Great Eastern Cutlery. Post some pictures of what you added to your collection in 2015.

Schrade D'Holder Millennium knife

Schrade Kious with damascus blades

Schrade Rogers Change a Blade  with green bone handles and mother of pearl shield

Schrade Barnett with red coral handles

Queen #98 Amber Carved Stag Bone Swing Guard Lockback

Great Eastern Cutlery #77 Washington Jack with Smooth Autumn Gold Bone handles.

Saving the Best for last is a Schrade 275 Clasp Knife with India Sambar Stag handles customized by Herman Williams

Views: 2343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A gift from my Son , Elk Handled Anza , beefy little blade & sharp .

Can't wait to get it into woods .

An Anza Grizzly .. that knife has teeth .. literally. Mine has the more basic wooden scales. Wonderful knife !!!!

7.5mas said:

D ale,

I've always said that if it feels good in your hand and is pleasing to your eye, then buy it. After reading your high praise for the construction, fit and finish, I have to admit I was surprised to see that it was made in china. I don't have a chinese knife in my house, but might have to give this one a try.

That Anza is sure a beefy looking knife..I've never seen such a good looking knife made from a file.

A Sweet looking Blade
7.5mas said:

This would be my favorite knife picked up in 2015.  Got as a Christmas gift.  2014 Tuna Valley fish scaler with buffalo horn grips.

That is a great looking knife, guess I'm going to have to get familiar with Tuna Valley knives now. I'm particularly fond of the EZ open style. What are the dimensions of that knife? 

She's huge and heavy.  5 inches closed.  Very tight and a strong snapper.

I've really enjoyed seeing the great knives you've all posted here.  Thanks for taking the time to share them with us.

Here's a quick rundown of the highlights of my year:

Cory some sweet cutlery there ... you have excellent taste.

Maybe not as unique as that Elk Anza, (an awesome piece of industrial art IMHO), or as exclusive as that Tuna Valley fish scaler, or a one of a kind precious jewel like Doug's "Herman Williams Special", but this is the "best" knife that I acquired in 2015, kinda one of those "Holy Grail" knives for Buckaholics: Buck #331 Granddaddy Barlow, 5" closed made in 1999 by Camillus on SFO for SMKW, never listed in the Buck catalog, sold only that single year in SMKW's catalog. This one was left over "NOS" found on SMKW's bay store, NIB w/ papers. So cool I'm almost afraid to touch it.

The Queens and GEC's certainly are some very nice knives and that Northfield Barlow is really outstanding. I'm not familiar with the fixed blades but they sure look like quality. 

Syd, you're the type of collector I really admire. I collect Schrades the way you collect Bucks. Finding that one rare knife that others have passed by is the best. Doing the research and reading that it takes to recognize the rarity of that Buck is no small task. Anyone with a fat wallet could have bought the D'Holder, Kious, Barnett, Rogers, Queen or GEC knives that I've posted here. I watched long and hard for the right deal to come along, but the fact remains that they are available. I guess I'm guilty of showing off some of the fancy ones instead of the real meat and potatoes. The knives below aren't near as shiny but they are some that I'm most proud of having found in 2015. Thanks for reminding me.

Schrade Walden 291 trapper with brass shield...a model that isn't listed in any known catalogs....and the 2nd one I've found.

Schrade Walden 787 single spring muskrat with a Wonda Edge blade..one production run 1957-58

A very early G. Schrade bartenders knife...quite possibly pre 1917

Master Mechanic 152 Sharpfinger with factory edge

Schrade Walden 804 whittler with wood handles

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit