Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

just wondered if anyone has any info on a knife set I acquired....i think 1990 etched on the big lockback ...never been used or sharpened ...i can't find anything o about the set ...all are stamper solingen germany.....has a turkey engraved in each handle (rosewood i think)....sending pics of them

Views: 243

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice set, first time I saw something like that. Could be something made for the European market.

can't find any info on them what so ever...they all are stamped solingen germany....i think 1990.....might be worth a little money ...i bought them at a garage sale of all places 

You are correct about the year. These knives were made in Solingen Germany in or circa 1990. All have rosewood handles and are laser etched with what appears to be a quail. Boker made a lot of special factory orders in the 1990s. I suspect this set was made for an organization similar to QUAIL UNLIMITED, who has been known to have special run knives made, such as this one from Schrade. See attached pic.

do you have any idea of the value of the set

Ricky Ray said:

You are correct about the year. These knives were made in Solingen Germany in or circa 1990. All have rosewood handles and are laser etched with what appears to be a quail. Boker made a lot of special factory orders in the 1990s. I suspect this set was made for an organization similar to QUAIL UNLIMITED, who has been known to have special run knives made, such as this one from Schrade. See attached pic.

Tough to say with any certainty. This set is approaching 30 years old, but Boker knives in general are a little underpriced right now in my opinion. They generally take about 20 years just to gain back the original MSRP price. In 1990 the MSRP of these knives would have been: $35 for the 93H; $40 for the 1004; and $70 for the 2002 pattern. Nowadays, I see them sell individually for about $50, $60, and $80.

For some reason, they seem to bring more by selling each knife individually than as a complete set. The set currently may bring about $125-$175 max.

This is the first set I've ever seen marked like this. Since so little is known about this set, it most likely will hurt the resale value, not help. Don't take any of this as absolute, it's just an educated guess based on years of watching Boker knives sell online. You could get a couple of quail hunters bidding against one another and sell it for thousands of dollars!

I hope you do well on it, because it's a good looking set.

thanks for the reply...I acquired them at a garage sale of all places  I don't think I got hurt on them I gave $5.00 for the set  ..could tell they were well made knives

Ricky Ray said:

Tough to say with any certainty. This set is approaching 30 years old, but Boker knives in general are a little underpriced right now in my opinion. They generally take about 20 years just to gain back the original MSRP price. In 1990 the MSRP of these knives would have been: $35 for the 93H; $40 for the 1004; and $70 for the 2002 pattern. Nowadays, I see them sell individually for about $50, $60, and $80.

For some reason, they seem to bring more by selling each knife individually than as a complete set. The set currently may bring about $125-$175 max.

This is the first set I've ever seen marked like this. Since so little is known about this set, it most likely will hurt the resale value, not help. Don't take any of this as absolute, it's just an educated guess based on years of watching Boker knives sell online. You could get a couple of quail hunters bidding against one another and sell it for thousands of dollars!

I hope you do well on it, because it's a good looking set.

At $5, you did REALLY GOOD.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by