Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Boston Considers Blanket Restrictions on the sale of Pocket Knives

Its hard to believe that in this day and age we have people trying to demonize knives. In fact this is exactly what the city of Boston is trying to do. According to published reports council members in Boston are considering putting more restrictions on the sale of pocket knives to fight the high rates of knife crime in the city.

According to Knife Rights, which sent a representative to speak at the hearings, Boston lawmakers are thinking about licensing the sale of knives because there have been more than 1,300 knife attacks over the past two years. Instead of going after the criminals, the logic here is to go after the “weapon” and make it harder for people to get.

Here’s an excerpt of what Knife Rights representative and Executive Director of Gun Owners’ Action League Jim Wallace said at the hearing:

“I urge the City Council to review what it is about to do and reflect on the failures of gun control,” said Wallace. “Over a decade ago I had to testify before committees in the state house with grieving families in the background. Now I sit before you a decade later with grieving families behind me again. If you proceed down this path and get it wrong again, ten years from now we will likely repeat this scene yet again.”

The same types of restrictions didn’t seem to quell the amount of gun violence in the area. While guns have less of a practical everyday use, knives are often used for hundreds of tasks at work and home.

Wallace also pointed out that stores that sell knives already have to be licensed, have to pay a fee and are restricted from selling knives with blades longer than 2 inches to minors.

So here again you have case of blaming the item(in this case a knife) and not the person using the knife. Sound familiar? Isn't this the same as "gun" control? We would love to hear your opinion but more than that if you live in Boston, please contact your lawmakers now.

Tags: knife, laws, restrictions, rights

Views: 232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was just looking back over this and wanted to encourage everyone to consider joining at the very least in the free grassroots membership.  Thanks for doing that Kit.  These folks work hard to be sure we can collect and carry our knives

i also joined the more support that we can give the better off we will be in the long run. thanks jan and every one who let us know about this.every time we turn around they want to take another right away from us.that's what i call communism.and i will do what ever it take's to keep our right's.so please let's all come togather and support   akti's mission.if not there won't be any rights left to protect......

I joined too Jan, this is very important for our members.

Jan Carter said:

This may also be a great time to support AKTI.  A grass rootsmembership is free.

About the American Knife & Tool Institute

The American Knife & Tool Institute (AKTI) is a non-profit organization (501(c)6) representing all segments of the knife industry and all knife users. Formed by concerned industry leaders after considerable discussion with individual knifemakers, knife magazine publishers, and a broad section of the knife community, AKTI has been the reasonable and responsible voice of the knife community since 1998.

AKTI’s Mission

Our mission is to ensure that Americans will always be able to buy, sell, own, carry and use knives and edged tools.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service