Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

CRKT is one of the most innovative knife companies out there! Let's brag about our CRKT collection!

Tags: CLUB, CRHT, Columbia, FAN, Knife, River, Tool, and

Views: 3381

Replies to This Discussion

Comment by Jan Carter on July 1, 2012 at 18:03

I always wondered what the attraction was and now I look for reasons to wear it LOL

Comment by Steve Hanner on June 29, 2012 at 20:19

What a great look, those knives are certainly attractive and ever so deadly!

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on June 29, 2012 at 19:58

Nice one :)

Comment by Jan Carter on June 29, 2012 at 19:35

When I leave for work at 6am, when I go to a knife show, when we are travelling together, when we go for a walk in the woods.  Those have turned out to be the answer to "where am I going to wear a neck knife?"  With a his and hers set, we use these all the time.  It is a discrete way for me to wear a knife I can get to if need be.  AND it is a fun little thing.  Sharp right out of the box and holding a good edge no matter what I am cutting with it.

MINIMALIST® FIXED BLADE
What it is: A minimal small fixed blade design by Alan Folts.

Benefits: Very light weight, comfortable handle design, excellent grip and control.

How it works: The full-tang blade is cut to allow a very thin spine and three pronounced finger grooves. A braided fob gives additional grip with the little finger.

Found on CRKT models: Minimalist® 2385, 2386, 2387

Comment by Steve Hanner on June 19, 2012 at 19:12

As many of you may know, knifemaker Kit Carson was the Knife Designer of the M16 and M21 series. This soon to be(if not already) legend also known as Retired Sgt. Major "Kit" Carson was inducted into the Cutlery Hall of Fame at the 2012 Blade Show, Ken Onion presiding!

Comment by Steve Hanner on June 19, 2012 at 19:07

It looks good Clint and sure to be a hit. Any idea what it compares to?

Comment by Clint Thompson on June 13, 2012 at 0:28

Steve....

I have one of these along with five other CRKT in a box they sent me.  This Eraser is a large folder with some weight.  It opens quickly and locks open with the liner lock.  This is a very good knife.  Thanks Steve.

Comment by Steve Hanner on June 12, 2012 at 21:54

A brand new offering for 2012!

The New 2012 Satin Eraser
The new 2012 tactical folder from Designer Liong Mah.

Unique modified tanto blade design.

Designed and built to sustain heavy, professional use.

LAWKS™ manual safety mechanism secures the blade when open and locked.

Also available in Black Matte model

I really like that modified tanto blade. Any thoughts on this one?

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on June 1, 2012 at 16:16

I agree with you but they are little bit different just for me I don't like the lockup on the Walmart version when you disengage the lock the lock-face and the liner are  contacting  a scraping sound and resonance yes and the handle scales material is just not my thing overall both of them are nice knives worth the money even for just as a collection piece. Maybe they could change the color just to not confuse the customers.  

Comment by Steve Hanner on June 1, 2012 at 15:51

Thank you Patrik, that clears it up. Had no idea they would sell two versions.  Could be making one a little less expensive without all the features. Don't know if I agree with that approach though.

To me the value is in the brand. If you sell one not quite as good as the other won't some people come along and say, well that's not as a good as my other knife?

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on June 1, 2012 at 14:38

Hi Steve CRKT is making two versions you can see the differences here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvLQBf33eJ4

Comment by Steve Hanner on May 30, 2012 at 21:26

Special promotion for all you CRKT Fans !

CRKT 2012 Father’s Day Enter to Win!

Prize Details

Remember to “Like” the Official CRKT Profile Page(On Facebook)!

Calling all Dad’s for this CRKT Father’s Day Enter to Win Extravaganza!

Get entered to win one of ten…that’s right, TEN! Nathan’s Wood Knife Kits!

A great family project that will be fun for your child to paint, stain, craft, and most importantly…learn how to safely use an edged tool in their everyday life.

Ten lucky Dads’ that are randomly drawn will win one! Up to ten total winners in all!

*Recommended safety kit for children 7 and older. Must be 18 and older to enter and win.
Prize Eligibility
Only persons residing in the United States who are at least 18 years of age can enter. 
Sweepstakes Starts
May 15, 2012 @ 10:00 am (PDT) 
Sweepstakes Ends
June 18, 2012 @ 11:59 pm (PDT) 
Need more Details?
Read the Official Rules: http://apps.facebook.com/promotionshq/contests/226995/rules

Comment by Steve Hanner on May 30, 2012 at 20:15

So it makes you wonder, are they now or did they sell different models without IKBS ?

Comment by Steve Hanner on May 30, 2012 at 20:12

So what would you say Patrik, lol Walmart version or the CRKT buy it now version?

Comment by Steve Hanner on May 30, 2012 at 20:10

This is according to the web site:

The Ken Onion designed Ripple - Aluminum Perfect EDC for light utility tasks in a Gentleman's folding knife. Unbelievable silky smooth and fast opening action thanks to the use of the IKBS internal knife ball-bearing system. Once you place this knife in your hand, it sells itself. Give it a try today and see why this knife is so popular.

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on May 12, 2012 at 17:40

Hi Jeremi the ripple is a smaller knife the handle is made out from aluminum the corners are not polished so it is not so smooth and good to touch overall a nice knife for EDC but I would not recommend it maybe the more expensive version is better also this is a liner lock knife the expensive version has a frame lock. The Walmart version has a nice smooth action thanks to the IKBS system. I have saw a comparison between both versions and one observation of the reviewer was that the frame lock version not always lock when flipped.  This is due to he lockig mechanics and because it is a smaller knife.

Comment by Jeremi Lett on May 12, 2012 at 17:14

Patrik-I have wanted to buy the Ripple and wonder how it feels in hand.I like the sleek look and lines remind me of a shark kinda.

Comment by björn thompson on May 12, 2012 at 15:59

got my first CRKT yesterday,loving it  so far, a CRKT ignitor sport, first CRKT first A/O, loving both aspects of it, thinking of getting another soon :-)

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on May 12, 2012 at 15:53

Always a pleasure Clint.

Comment by Clint Thompson on May 12, 2012 at 15:51

Patrik....

Very nice.  Thanks for sharing.

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on May 12, 2012 at 13:34

Hello friends here is my new CRKT acquisition.

CRKT Ripple the Walmart version

nice little EDC with IKBS - ball bearing system

Comment by Billy Oneale on April 2, 2012 at 21:36

Nice trio you and Donnie have there, Jan. I almost bought that top one the other day. I'm wanting to get a Tops Steel Eagle unless I get distracted and spend my knife bucks on something else.

Comment by Clint Thompson on April 2, 2012 at 20:42

Right!!

Comment by Jan Carter on April 2, 2012 at 18:57

Well it is official CRKT has a place in our collection.  This is the first non traditional group we have added but I think 3 makes a collection right? 

Comment by Clint Thompson on December 20, 2011 at 8:59

Billy....

I just gave my Nephew one of these knives.  The Gallagher Glide is a very interesting knife design and just right for pocket carry.  I know Michael like his. Billy please have a Marry Christmas.

Clint

Comment by Billy Oneale on December 19, 2011 at 22:52

Here is the newest CRKT that I have bought. It is a Gallagher glide lock.

Comment by Clint Thompson on November 11, 2011 at 13:08

Thanks Billy.  It appears to be a great knife.  I am taking it and others to be checked out by my team.

Comment by Billy Oneale on November 11, 2011 at 12:38

Good pics, Clint. I like the looks of the fire spark the best out of all three

Comment by Clint Thompson on November 11, 2011 at 9:14

Here are pictures of three CRKT assisted opening knives.  I just received them yesterday.

In order from top to bottom:

The Fire Spark with Satin Blade is a nice large folder.  Of the three, this is my pick.  This knife might be too big for some users.  It opens lighting fast.

OutBurst Lift-Off 2 is a medium folder which I like as well.  The assisted opening works like it should....lighting fast.  The Lift-Off 2 would be a good well rounded carry pocket knife.

Outburst Carson M4-02 is a medium size folder which is pleasant to the eye and feels good in the hand.  I found the sample sent to me was extremely hard to open.  We are talking veins sticking out on my neck hard.  I put 3in one oil on the offending parts which helped some.  I guess with use by the ROCK (Dwayne Johnson) it would smooth out some.  Enjoy the pictures.

Comment by Billy Oneale on October 9, 2011 at 22:22

The Crawford Casper is big and well built. The Horus is an assisted open knife. I bought it because of it's unusual looks. I like the tanto blade on the Horus also.

Comment by Clint Thompson on October 9, 2011 at 14:43

The lower CRKT knife is the Pat Crawford Design.  This is a well designed knife.

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on October 9, 2011 at 13:53

For me it look like a space ship. BTW cool knife billy.

Comment by Clint Thompson on October 9, 2011 at 11:43

Billy....

Cool knives.  the Horus is an unusual looking thing.

Comment by Billy Oneale on October 8, 2011 at 22:18

Here is some pics of some more new buys.

Comment by Clint Thompson on September 29, 2011 at 9:01

Billy...

If your looking for one of the CRKT Hisshou, go to this web link.  Blade HQ has some good prices.  I have dealt with these people and they a good bunch.

http://www.bladehq.com/cat--CRKT-Fixed--241

Comment by Billy Oneale on September 28, 2011 at 21:42

Wow. Nice looking knife, Clint. Jeremi I am wanting one of those short swords.

Comment by Clint Thompson on September 28, 2011 at 20:36

Jeremi....

I see you have good taste in edged weapons.  The Hisshou is a very nice short sword.  The workmanship is excellent.  My article on unconventional combat knives will include all three sizes plus the Heiho assisted opening knife.  I will have three or four more combat knives as well.

Comment by Jeremi Lett on September 28, 2011 at 18:06

Dunno if i posted this pic b4,but here is my CRKT Hisshou long knife/short sword.I think this is one of the finest CRKT fixed blades with quality being on the handcrafted level almost.See my youtube vid of this knife in action.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-mjH5kgc3E&feature=player_detai...

Comment by Clint Thompson on September 28, 2011 at 17:12

I just received the Heiho Hissatsu Outburst folder.  This is an assisted opening knife.  WOW!  What a knife!  Great workmanship.  I also received the Hissatsu Razor Edge in Tan.  As with its bigger brothers this is a superb edged weapon.  The Hissatsu Razor Edge would make a great backpacker's knife or for your rucksack and bug-out bag.  If you headed to one of the sandboxes this knife would be a fine addition to your MOLLE gear.

Comment by Clint Thompson on September 27, 2011 at 10:31

Billy...

Cool knife.  The people at CRKT are good folks.  I love their knives as well.  Ten years ago I bought a Pat Crawford Falcon which was handmade.  I paid a discount price as I was serving as a UN Police Officer in Kosovo.  Even then I paid for the honor of owning one of his knives.  It was then and is now the smoothest folding knife I have ever handled....and I have handled many with my job and collecting.  You might want to check  his web page out.

http://www.crawfordknives.com/

Comment by Billy Oneale on September 26, 2011 at 21:12

Here is a nice little McGinnis  Tuition flipper that I bought in my buying spree. This one is pretty nice and works really smooth. It is a 3 3/4" closed linerlock with green micarta handles and titanium liners.The flipper on the back works with just a flip of the forefinger without any wrist action.

According to CRKT here are the top fixed blade knives for 2012 Hissatsu Fixed, Free Range Hunter, Sting, Minimalist Wharncliffe, Crawford N.E.C.K.

The leaders so far for 2013 and brand new for 2013 the FE Series and the Ken Onion designed Redemption and James Williams designed Sakimori. That's the latest from our friends at CRKT!

Check this new Ken Onion designed absolute monster of a knife called Redemption! http://www.crkt.com/Redemption-Large-Fixed-Blade-Survival-Knife

New CRKT fixed Blade in Stag ! Now thats a knife I might live with!

wow, need to check those out!

Hearing some good reports on the CRKT Eros. another Ken Onion design Knife, Pointier than the Ripple(don't dare open a can with this thing, as the tip will be looking back at you), lighter with Titanium scales as well. If anyone has direct experience with this let me know. Would love to hear if you purchased it and turned it into a user?

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service