Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Everyone is welcome to post info on dating and identifying knifes. Charts , pictures anything you have to help members to find out more info on their knifes

Tags: and, date, identify, knife, your

Views: 24721

Replies to This Discussion

Comment by Steve Hanner on February 3, 2013 at 19:56

yes could use some help on identifying a Ka Bar knife for Steven Mathews and the number marking does not match with the chart I have.

Comment by Cliff Sweat Jr. on January 17, 2013 at 21:34

Great to know that this group is here to help.  Will be asking and posting more later.

Comment by Craig Henry on January 6, 2013 at 18:40

We need someone to sort out the tang stamps and post them here :)

Comment by Craig Henry on January 2, 2013 at 1:37

Who has Ka-Bar input....as Sue would say.

Comment by Ivars on December 31, 2012 at 0:11

Okay... Thats something and nothing, okay all I can say too small info for dating Kabars on the web, guys are searching qnd trying to find out but no detailed info like Case, Queen, Boker, Imperial... have. Thats kinde wierd. Okay I will keep searching maybe something more will be found, than I will post it here and on Kabar fans.
Thank you Craig!

Comment by Craig Henry on December 30, 2012 at 23:47

I read somewhere that Union Cutlery/Ka-Bar used as many as 200 different markings over the years (?). I've found any listings generally confusing.  Here's some VERY basic info on tank stamps;

KA-BAR: 1923-1951

Kabar Cutlery Co.: 1951-1966

Kabar:  1966-Present

Comment by Ivars on December 30, 2012 at 23:09

GUYS!!!! KABAR KNNIFE DATING INFO NEED AS A OXYGEN!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

HAPPY NEW TMRY YEAR!!!

B.r.
Ivars

Comment by Don "Cossack Gearhead" Godard on December 27, 2012 at 11:12

Glad to see the group continue to grow and information still being added. Hope to build a very detailed and complete site where the seasoned collector or the new guy can reference their knifes.Thanks for everyone's input hope it continues to grow Don "Cossack Gearhead" Godard

Comment by Craig Henry on December 21, 2012 at 0:10

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you to Don....and all the rest of the knife nuts!

Comment by Don "Cossack Gearhead" Godard on December 20, 2012 at 20:45

Still looking for more info on identifying and dating knifes, there is a lot more brands that we have not got anything on, any help would be great, Hope this group becomes the number 1 reference spot. Thanks for all the help so far,hope everyone has a Merry X-Mas

Comment by Craig Henry on December 20, 2012 at 16:33

I, for one, really like this group. I always liked seeing information on tang stamp dates....especially when it's all nice and organized. 

Comment by Craig Henry on December 17, 2012 at 18:26

I like more than just a date with my knives.....I like a long term relationship.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service